Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

safreek

Bag unions all you want but most of you would have pretty fucked lives if it wasn't for them in the past, sure they may ask a lot but if they didn't your bosses would give you fuck all.
Without them a lot of you would be working without ppe and pay rises.
I guess their use of the eureka means they are Nazis, don't.mind the fact that they have been one of the most active against racism in the past and somewhat in the present

moorey

call me Mia
Bag unions all you want but most of you would have pretty fucked lives if it wasn't for them in the past, sure they may ask a lot but if they didn't your bosses would give you fuck all.
I guess their use of the eureka means they are Nazis, don't.mind the fact that they have been one of the most active against racism in the past and somewhat in the present
News flash....the Eureka Rebels weren’t union reps.

moorey

call me Mia
It may well have been misappropriated by fuckwits but it still does not change the original meaning, as the fact that fuckwits run around with the Australian flag doing silly things does.not change the fact that it is a flag to be proud of.
Cue the argument that aust flag represents racism, displacement, well don't forget some of your relatives fought under it.
No I don't think Ned was a hero, yes persecuted but still a criminal
Nor was he persecuted. I’m happy to link you to one of numerous historically accurate podcasts.

Flow-Rider

Burner
No, I don’t. I’ve been a union member in numerous poorly paid industries.....they would have been even worse without unions though....
You're a member of the CMFEU are you? I think you don't know what poorly paid is, who represents people like hairdressers that are only just above minimum wage.

It's the unions from years ago that got all that, most trades are on EBA contracts where a lot of rights are just about washed down the bin, if you don't sign, you just don't have a job in some industries.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
I guess their use of the eureka means they are Nazis,
Wtf, that's a pretty stupid thing to say.

Whenever I see a Southern Cross tattoo, or a eureka flag, I judge you. Sorry. I don't immediately think either you're into astronomy that much, or are a passionate unionist. I just think you're a sheep who thinks it's somehow rebellious to romanticise what you see as the heroes of the past. Sure, the gold miners stood up to the government of the day, but using their flag in this day and age is a sweeping association lacking in any actual meaning.
Besides, Ned Kelly was just a criminal at the end of the day. Why celebrate that?

I remember there was a church pastor arrested last year for protesting in an MP's office somewhere against the treatment of asylum seekers. He was far more rebellious than most - he just didn't have such a cool image.

moorey

call me Mia
I believe it’s the AWU, for one. I worked in hospitality for many years. Also as a care assistant. There weren’t many worse paying industries at the time.

I’ve never worked in an industry covered by the CMFEA, and I haven’t been a member of any union for close to 10 years now. I’m not a fan of the union that covers me currently.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I believe it’s the AWU, for one. I worked in hospitality for many years. Also as a care assistant. There weren’t many worse paying industries at the time.

I’ve never worked in an industry covered by the CMFEA, and I haven’t been a member of any union for close to 10 years now. I’m not a fan of the union that covers me currently.
It's good when unions in general can work in with people that seriously need support but not always the case I've found.

safreek

Wtf, that's a pretty stupid thing to say.

Whenever I see a Southern Cross tattoo, or a eureka flag, I judge you. Sorry. I don't immediately think either you're into astronomy that much, or are a passionate unionist. I just think you're a sheep who thinks it's somehow rebellious to romanticise what you see as the heroes of the past. Sure, the gold miners stood up to the government of the day, but using their flag in this day and age is a sweeping association lacking in any actual meaning.
Besides, Ned Kelly was just a criminal at the end of the day. Why celebrate that?

I remember there was a church pastor arrested last year for protesting in an MP's office somewhere against the treatment of asylum seekers. He was far more rebellious than most - he just didn't have such a cool image.
Exactly my point, what I quoted originally was that " the eureka flag was Australia's swastika " I never said that and in fact I was pointing out the stupidity of that comment.
You may hate this but I agree with you.
The fact that many are sheep that fly it does not take away the fact that it is a part of our history, maybe it should be left there.

safreek

You're a member of the CMFEU are you? I think you don't know what poorly paid is, who represents people like hairdressers that are only just above minimum wage.

It's the unions from years ago that got all that, most trades are on EBA contracts where a lot of rights are just about washed down the bin, if you don't sign, you just don't have a job in some industries.
And it would have been much worse without unions.
Try to negotiate a good job with good conditions all on your own, good luck, the next bloke/woman who will work for less will get the job.

safreek

News flash....the Eureka Rebels weren’t union reps.
Well duh, but they were sort of reps of the oppressed miners, bit like a group of people getting together to change unfair taxes or conditions, bit like a union of people. Union of oppressed people changing conditions, hmmm, sounds familiar

moorey

call me Mia
You're a Eureka historian now?

While I get where you’re trying to go, you’re drawing a very long bow....and this has zero to do with dickholes appropriating the flag, when they’ve probably never heard of the event it symbolises.

moorey

call me Mia
I feel sorry for you
What’s there to be proud of aside from mindless nationalism? It’s not an attractive flag, and it doesn’t represent what I want an Australian flag to represent.
Don’t give me the ‘history’ line unless you want something that actually represent our indigenous history.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Try to negotiate a good job with good conditions all on your own, good luck, the next bloke/woman who will work for less will get the job.
A lot of us old trades people had done so for many years and it was standard practice to receive over time, paid public holidays with annual sick leave but now a lot of that is gone. Don't see a lot of union movement protecting that. I've been on mine sites where the lowest paid is earning 2.5k gross a week and you get harassed to join a union by some thug that's high up in an outlaw motorcycle gang, you can afford to represent yourself with that sort of wage no need to be in a union.

The real unions were back in the days of the 70's and 80's, like the painters and dockers.

safreek

A lot of us old trades people had done so for many years and it was standard practice to receive over time, paid public holidays with annual sick leave but now a lot of that is gone. Don't see a lot of union movement protecting that. I've been on mine sites where the lowest paid is earning 2.5k gross a week and you get harassed to join a union by some thug that's high up in an outlaw motorcycle gang, you can afford to represent yourself with that sort of wage no need to be in a union.

The real unions were back in the days of the 70's and 80's, like the painters and dockers.
Yeah sorry, I actually meant non trade jobs, you can work for yourself if not happy with conditions in a trade.
The real people that have benefited from unions are, and I.mean no offence, low skill jobs( so people believe) the people that society needs to keep functioning.
But you are right, the older days they were more relevant, but lose the unions and cunts like john Howard will pounce and pays will go to shit.
Essential skilled jobs like train drivers will always have a better foot to negotiate than shitkickers who are easy to replace.