Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Oh I’m sure he does. If it’s hipster, pointless, stupid, dangerous and unpopular, he’s all in.
Pretty sure I've been called most of those, must be a fixed gear thing. @Daniel Hale s reasoning about threading the strap through the mtb pedal is valid though...nothing douche about it.

This is my setup for my two commuters, haven't had an issue for 17 odd years since I swapped to clipless from straps, however I do run a front brake and keep a good good eye on the cleats to make sure they don't get too worn.

stirk

Burner
I think we've established that fixie bikes only belong on the velodrome.

Anyone riding a fixie on the street is a hipster and maybe a douche and definitely not a mountain biker although they may ride a real mountain bike in the bush trails in moments of sanity.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I’m not seeing your feet strapped tight onto flat pedals with big pins there. Regular clipless seems sensible on a fixie. I take that back, nothing to do with fixies is sensible.
Also, your chain is rusty.
The pic was more to show that straps are unnecessary and clipless will suffice.

Not rust, chain is some gold colour, it's just filthy...I find it keeps the smackies from wanting to pinch it.

SS/fixie and maintenance never go hand in hand.
I tried the maintenance thing on fixed gears a while ago - I think I posted in the FW's thread a few weeks back - bastard thing tried to eat my hand.

Last edited:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I think we've established that fixie bikes only belong on the velodrome.

Anyone riding a fixie on the street is a hipster and maybe a douche and definitely not a mountain biker although they may ride a real mountain bike in the bush trails in moments of sanity.
so tracklocross is still ok?