downhill racing in geelong

samlu

Likes Bikes
i live in geelong and want to start downhill racing, i was wondering if any of you guys know of club races around g-long or melbourne. Also how do i start doing state comps and when does the new season start?

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
MMmmm! Theres no races near Geelong at the moment, they lost thire course due to insurence reasons, but the have secured a few for next season i think :wink: I have no idea when that is though. There is 4X races at Bacchas Marsh I know that much...

Maybe some esle can shed more light on this, and check out the Geelong Mountain Bike clubs website at www.gmbc.com.au .... One of the club runners may know a bit more.

samlu

Likes Bikes
thanks, i heard that geelong mtb club are building a new dh course... has anyone heard anything bout that?

fastrider gus

super huck
there isnt any races that close to geelong really.. anakie was the best race.. but you missed out on that one..
the closest races are the FTF ones, as bender dude said.
i havent heard ANYTHING from the gmbc... they are a little more XC orientated...
ill have to go for a cruise with you sometime and ill show ya all the tracks (not that there is many!)

samlu

Likes Bikes
yeah i heard about anakie one of my mates raced hardtail there. going over to the tracks with him sometime soon they sound nice. i just got some good knee-shinnies which is sweet, no more wearing my pov hockey guards and looking like a tool. hopefully ill be able to ride geelong this weekend

mtbdh_girl

Likes Dirt
the official word from ftf is that we will not be running any dh races until march/april when we will start a 4+ winter race series again. This is due to ftf running the 2004 nationals at eildon in feb. Maybe one of the other Vic clubs will put on a race or 2 over summer but...i would'nt hold my breath.The main problem i think maybe that there is no dh representation on the club committees' to push for races. Ftf has Benny luckily which is the main reason ftf run as many races as they do.

Anyways............ 8)

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some of them tracks are mad, Especially on an XC bike (hartail too), MAx the travel out, point and try not to kill yaself :oops: Crazy STuFf! I cant wait to get my "Trail/FR bike going" 5" & 5" of full suspension action, or maybe I'll go 6" & 6" with boxxers or Shermans on the front :wink:

Beretta

Berettas Bikehub
Hey samlu, check out the website for the newly formed You Yangs MTB inc, http://www.youyangsmtbinc.com.au/ If you want to join up, you can drop into my shop and fill out a membership form, we are in Latrobe Tce (Beretta's BIke Hub). If you've got any questions feel free to ask or check up on the board in the shop, we've got all the shuttle days and race dates listed.

There are shuttle days, some easier races coming up and the state round is being hosted at the Youies also.

THe first state round is at Eildon around 16 or 17 October, check out tis site for the right information http://www.vicdhseries.com/.

You should also check out Mike Kidds I-Ride shuttle days down at Apollo Bay during summer, sick tracks and heaps of great crew to ride with.

Hope that helps, cheers Paul.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Such a very amazing link!
Hi there, Would a new one like me be welcome here?
Thanks so much in deed.
welcome to farkin/rotorburn. Paul has pretty much covered everthing ulyou need to know.what link are we talking about?
jesus H crist. a 6 year dig:eek:
hahah that's gotta be a record of some sorts. Give him a go though first post... He probably has no idea what a 6 yearold grave dig is. He might imgine it as a grave dug up 6 years after someone was buried. :p