Downhill Shoes

Just thought id throw this out there and hopefully get some help. I'm getting my wife into downhill so when we go to Whistler next year she can have some fun too.

Does anyone know of some good shoes that come in small sizes, as she has a small foot (ladies 5). Non SPD as she will be running flats.

And before everyone jumps in and starts saying five ten's the smallest they make is a men's 7.

Cheers.

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know for certain that some of those exustar shoes come in small sizez, like mens 5. That is probably still to big, but it is smaller than 5-10's. Have you looked into alot of brands before asking, not flaming. Like 661, shimano etc.
Here's a site that has runner type MTB shoes:
http://www.probikekit.com/advsearch.php?AQUERY=womens shoes&INSTOCK=NO

Although i have just found out it is hard to find MTB ladies specific shoes.
Good luck.
TOm.

puffnfresh40

Likes Dirt
whats so different from a downhill shoe to a normal skate shoe? I use skate shoes and never had a problem with them

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any Vans with waffle soles - preferably some model with a bit of padding.

Emo's generally have small feet :D, so Vans will accomodate your wifey for sure!

Whenever I can't find my 5tens or they're wet, I thrown on the Vans - 75% of the 5ten grip - but then again, not everyone likes having that much grip...

beardi

Likes Dirt
The five ten carver WOMEN'S (purple colour) comes from size 5 to size 10. Of course I'm not sure if those sizes are available in Oz, but it seems silly to release a women's shoe that excludes much of the female population!
I own the rennie's and love them and a friend of mine has the carver's - she loves them.
Cheers,
Chris

Sam.

Eats Squid
As Beardi above said, 5 10 are making their ladies range of Carvers. Im not exactly sure on sizing, but it would be plain stupid to market a women's range of shoes without covering a majority of their market.

If you struggle to find them in Aus (which I dont think you should), there's always the option of buying them from O/S. I think Chain Reaction Cycles sells 5 10s for about $140-$150, but that was when our dollar was good. I haven't checked for a while, but at worst I doubt youd be paying much more than you would get at your LBS.

I can vouch for 5 10s, I've had my pair for about a year now, they arent showing any signs of wear and I tend to give shoes a fair thrashing. I used to ride in Globe skate shoes, they would last me about 6 months at best and by the end my feet would slide around like sh*t on a blanket.

Someone above mentioned not having any problems with normal skate shoes, I thought the exact same thing until I got my 5 10s, literally worlds apart!

In short, if you can get 5 10s in her size, go for it!

Thanks for all the replies I know how good Five tens are, no need to tell me I use them myself.

Please read the post im asking for other options as My LBS has rang the distributor for five ten and they cannot help with sizes that small they dont have them.

kynan77

Likes Bikes
Thanks for all the replies I know how good Five tens are, no need to tell me I use them myself.

Please read the post im asking for other options as My LBS has rang the distributor for five ten and they cannot help with sizes that small they dont have them.
i bought my wife the ladies five ten karvers, she wears ladies size 5.5 in runners and she fits the size 6.5us ladies karver. we bought them from CRC and they were 160au delivered. if you are on the gold coast she can come try them on for size if it helps.