NSW Downhill track at Mt Alexandria Reserve Mittagong?

Does anyone have any info on the status of a downhill track at Mt Alexandria Reserve Mittagong?

I've met a lot of people who say one is being built there but that's about it.

.dan.

Likes Dirt
The approval process had stalled as we didn't really know what we were doing, but we're getting back on track now and will have a legal track in the highlands sometime in the near future.

The approval process had stalled as we didn't really know what we were doing, but we're getting back on track now and will have a legal track in the highlands sometime in the near future.
I've got no idea in what's involved in legalising a track, but if you need any assistance let me know, especially when construction starts.

It will be great when it's done, drop the kids at playground by the lake whilst dad does a couple of runs. Sweet...

.dan.

Likes Dirt
Thanks for for letting us know you're keen to help out. The more hands when building the better.

Newts

Likes Dirt
I thought that were some old line up on Mt Alexandria - never ridden them though.
If anything gets underway, I would also be willing to help out if needed.

.dan.

Likes Dirt
The track design and proposal is being presented to sport and rec next week. Hopefully all goes well.

.dan.

Likes Dirt
Brett from Dirtz presented the proposal to sport and rec for us today. Went well and everyone seemed well supportive of the project. Next step is for the project to be taken into a plan of management.

.dan.

Likes Dirt
I was wondering when someone was going to ask about this. A couple months ago, not long after we had proposed the track to the sport and rec committee from the council, they told us the track was a no go. Go back about 4 years and when the local club first started talking to council about building a DH track in the Southern Highlands, the council suggested Mt Alexandra as the most suitable site. Reasons being that the whole mountain is apart of a council reserve, meaning that there is hardly any houses, giving us plenty of room to build a track, it also has a shuttle road and there isn't much endangered flora on the mountain. But just recently the council turned around and told us that they had just discovered that the whole mountain is under non-recreational zoning. Meaning there is no way we can get permission from council for the DH track. This is why I build illegal trails, as I don't have to put up with this sort of shit, and as long as they're kept fairly quiet the council generally tries to turn a blind eye.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I was wondering when someone was going to ask about this. A couple months ago, not long after we had proposed the track to the sport and rec committee from the council, they told us the track was a no go. Go back about 4 years and when the local club first started talking to council about building a DH track in the Southern Highlands, the council suggested Mt Alexandra as the most suitable site. Reasons being that the whole mountain is apart of a council reserve, meaning that there is hardly any houses, giving us plenty of room to build a track, it also has a shuttle road and there isn't much endangered flora on the mountain. But just recently the council turned around and told us that they had just discovered that the whole mountain is under non-recreational zoning. Meaning there is no way we can get permission from council for the DH track. This is why I build illegal trails, as I don't have to put up with this sort of shit, and as long as they're kept fairly quiet the council generally tries to turn a blind eye.
What a bunch of stupid fat morons. You should egg the Council chambers each day Dan. ;)
Keep doing what you do mate, your trails are cool and not hurting anyone or anything.