downhill track

timt1566

Likes Bikes
to everyone who put in the time and effort down at ourimbah, the track is looking and riding great. I went down there today with my brother and we both thought the track was exellent. Top effort everyone and keep up the great work. We both cant wait till next weeks race as it should be a great day. The new changes are exellent and make the track very fun to ride. See you down there next week.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
I also would like to congratulate the builders - especially brad and adrian. The changes have made the track much more technical and fun at the same time. Some of the new stuff should be named after brad and adrian.

Brad - i am filling the sediment bags and will drop them out. I also have about 8 half copper logs and wooden stakes if you would like them also - i cant dig because of shoulder injury but would still like to help by donating stuff if possible.

Once again sick work - especially by someone who doesnt even have a dh bike. (sorry couldnt help myself - you'd still smoke the field on the corsair!!!)

Adam

Solman

Likes Bikes
Brilliant

Rode the track on Friday. Spent the whole day down there.
Massive thankyou to everyone who built the track. It is ridiculessly fun!

See you all at the next clubby.

fairy1

Banned
Rode the slight changes today, it looks good and will let you keep heaps more speed where Damos grave was.

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Track work

With the slight change at the end of the fire road it should allow you more speed into the other change that should be finished off in the next two weeks before the double points round. That short sharp uphill will effectively nullify the longish uphills before Damo's Grave. Thus giving us pretty much downhill from that section onto the finish line. ( does that make any sense - cause I have had a few tonight and I'm just saying that ghsjuicu dusjsmk fifkg......:p

Also a huge thanks to Eggy, J-rad and the Maggs crew for helping out today - really looking forward to the next race. And you too Brad..........
Adrian.

Last edited:

BKelly

teh fast
Hey Adrian,

Hung around for a bit with the guys on Sunday and ended up getting that new line put in.
Works better than I expected, ended up needing to relocate that tree on the inside of the entry and because it is so dry and dusty at the moment it is rolling pretty slow but once it gets some rain and packs down it should be sweet! Will also need to put some more dirt at the base of the entry to better cover the rock armouring we put in as dirt was pretty hard to come by and could only use the talcum power that was there.

Yew!

Last edited:

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Good times....

That's great Brad, it is a good line and as the rest of the track we really need to neaten it up and carry out some maintenance on some of the new stuff and really make it all presentable. With daylight saving coming on i might be able to do some midweek arvo builds. I really want to get the track to the stage of just maintaining it thru summer then have it primmed for next years comp and state round.

I had a meeting with HSMBA tonight (Hornsby crew) and we have started mapping out the MTB park going in at the valley behind Hornsby town. I think its going to turn out real well but will take a long time.
Will talk later...

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a meeting with HSMBA tonight (Hornsby crew) and we have started mapping out the MTB park going in at the valley behind Hornsby town. I think its going to turn out real well but will take a long time.
Will talk later...
I just have a question about this MTB Park, is there going to be a DH/FR trail in there or just a XC/AM trail?

FINX74

Likes Dirt
I just have a question about this MTB Park, is there going to be a DH/FR trail in there or just a XC/AM trail?
Council will shy away from DH/FR but there will be enough technical free flowing stuff in it to get your rocks off...

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Big thanks

Well done to the build crew today plenty of work done, James, Scott and Luke put in the big ones today. If you haven't riden the track since the last race, there has been major changes after the fire road from the old pallet to pallet and we suggest a roll thru first. (It's all rollable).
Brad you did pretty good too :rolleyes: - thanks again for looking at my bike. Only 7 sleeps until the next race (Double points), can't wait and I hope the weather is kind thru the week.
Adrian.

frdlvr

Likes Dirt
I would like to say "THANK YOU" to Brad and all the guys who have turned the Ourimbah track into a great DH track (not saying it wasn't a good track before).

Was up there this morning and had so much fun on the track.

YET AGAIN.... THANK YOU GUYS hope to be out there again soon to take pictures and riding.

Pete