Downhill Tracks in Geelong?

steve17

Squid
Hey all,

I was riding around Fyansford in Geelong and I found some short singletrack/downhill style tracks with a few small jumps which were all good fun.
However, I've seen footage form riders filmed around the same area on tracks that have bigger jumps, boardwalks, wooden sections and tracks that look like longer, proper downhill tracks. However I didn't see these when I was there. I think they are called New DH and For Hucks Sake according to trailfolk. Can anyone tell me where these are and how to get to them?

I was wondering if anyone knows where these tracks are and how to get to them? 2 in Particular I think are called New DH and For Hucks Sake.

Also an off topic Question - With Covid, are the you yangs still open? I'm confused because Google says the regional park is closed but the drysdale road side where the tracks are is open

Any info will be greatly appreciated,

Cheers!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Sounds a bit like iRide in Apollo Bay?

Last I saw You Yangs MTB Club had said the MTB trails were closed as per instructions from ParksVic. Their facebook page is normally the best source of up-to-date info on the goings on in the park.

moorey

call me Mia
Sounds a bit like iRide in Apollo Bay?

Last I saw You Yangs MTB Club had said the MTB trails were closed as per instructions from ParksVic. Their facebook page is normally the best source of up-to-date info on the goings on in the park.
Nah. Nothing like IRide. Absolutely get there when you can though, @steve17 if you haven’t already. My happy place.

steve17

Squid
Nah. Nothing like IRide. Absolutely get there when you can though, @steve17 if you haven’t already. My happy place.
Yeah I'm coming back to riding after 10 years, so I have ridden you yangs way back then - However from the GoPro videos I have seen the tracks appear to have changed a lot. Cressy only had 3 or 4 jumps and now it appears to have heaps, and I don't remember Turbulance being as rocky back then as it looks on recent videos. Hopefully it re opens soon.

But for everything in between, are there more decent tracks I'm missing locally around Geelong and Fyansford? I was down there but couldn't find anything other than the short single tracks, which were still heaps of fun.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah I'm coming back to riding after 10 years, so I have ridden you yangs way back then - However from the GoPro videos I have seen the tracks appear to have changed a lot. Cressy only had 3 or 4 jumps and now it appears to have heaps, and I don't remember Turbulance being as rocky back then as it looks on recent videos. Hopefully it re opens soon.

But for everything in between, are there more decent tracks I'm missing locally around Geelong and Fyansford? I was down there but couldn't find anything other than the short single tracks, which were still heaps of fun.
Not my turf sorry. Others will have to pipe up. I’m a regular at Youies...and yes it’s changed..., and iRide, but don’t know the local stuff.
Welcome back though. I also took a lengthy riding break, enjoy.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
....For Hucks Sake
I had a little bit of an explore around there the other day and the trail above doesn't exist. There's a heap of short little single trail bits leading up to it, but nothing exciting.

Main line, was indeed there and recently worked on. Not very long, but step and quick with some big drops and doubles.

If you have Trailforks is easily found (
Main Line on Trailforks
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/main-line-212373/) and if you park in the car park at Queen's Park Road, near Louis Court, you'll see it up to your right.

Looks like the locals have also been doing some building here (
Step Up on Trailforks
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/step-up-152902/). It starts at the corner of Noble Street and Chesterfield Court. About the first 50 meters has had some building and the rest of the trail is steep down to the river.

steve17

Squid
I had a little bit of an explore around there the other day and the trail above doesn't exist. There's a heap of short little single trail bits leading up to it, but nothing exciting.

Main line, was indeed there and recently worked on. Not very long, but step and quick with some big drops and doubles.

If you have Trailforks is easily found (
Main Line on Trailforks
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/main-line-212373/) and if you park in the car park at Queen's Park Road, near Louis Court, you'll see it up to your right.

Looks like the locals have also been doing some building here (
Step Up on Trailforks
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/step-up-152902/). It starts at the corner of Noble Street and Chesterfield Court. About the first 50 meters has had some building and the rest of the trail is steep down to the river.
Man this is super helpful! Thanks heaps!