Dreambuild DH hardtail.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mate do you have any idea what you are doing, both in riding a bike and in mechanical engineering. you should be doing about 60-80% of your braking on the front, that is because it gets all the traction, instead of the back, which will lock up if you brake too much.

secondly three out of six rotor bolts? if they could do that they would. you obviously have no idea what you are doing, that you have done effectively doubles the shear load on each bolt, which are, when under the stress of hard braking not far off their shear load. they are over half of the load required to shear, so if your remove half of them, they will shear. you only saving grace is that it is only on your rear wheel, which would have a very hard time putting the amount of load required to shear them with out locking up.

regardless i think that even though you had the bet of intentions, you really made it an unsafe bike, imagine what would happen if those bolts snapped?

this is just my educated opinion
/rant
bhahhahahaha this guy....
Satire has been lost.
Funny enough the OP is studying to be a mechanical engineer! hahaha

P.s Those tyres look a little heavy. Get a pair of clippers and cut off those silly,heavy knobby bits.

Last edited:
J

JaRedy

you should be doing about 60-80% of your braking on the front, that is because it gets all the traction, instead of the back, which will lock up if you brake too much.

/rant
I disagree, almost every squid will do 90-100% of braking on the rear. That's because in the emergency braking position, a position commonly adopted by 9 out of 10 squids, your body weight hovers over the rear. (SEE Figure 1) This (a) allows for heavy and effective rear wheel braking, and (b) de-weights the front wheel for more ease in turning.

three out of six rotor bolts? if they could do that they would. you obviously have no idea what you are doing,
/rant
Clearly, this rider has managed to pull it off, so saying he has no idea what he's doing is nonsense. Mechanics hate him, has science gone too far? Try out the miracle weight saving technique today!

they are over half of the load required to shear, so if your remove half of them, they will shear. you only saving grace is that it is only on your rear wheel, which would have a very hard time putting the amount of load required to shear them with out locking up.

/rant
You simply don't understand how metals work. The more stress and heat that is applied to the metal the stronger they will get. Running three bolts over six has nothing but positive implications. Many metals, such as unobtainium, actually become stronger with heat and pressure. The pressure from the reduced rotor bolts combined with the friction induced heat on the rotor will create unbreakable bolts (SEE Figure 2). Metals like these have been used to make multi-compartment nuclear submarines that drill to the core of the EARTH so don't talk to me about how these bolts are gonna snap because of some squid.

this is just my educated opinion
/rant
I trust you will do your research next time instead of spreading false information on the internet. <3

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This pushbike has embraced a dauntingly wide range of activities. A shelf of extending excitement rages around each eyeball of this exhibition of a true pushbike presents us with evidence of Rogers’s famous quote "more is better than some things, especially in regards to pushbikes". His work as a Labour peer and as chairman of the Architecture of bicycles Foundation is seen as a very nice thing to do; his advisory roles to mayors and governments was also seen as a nice thing. One is left wondering how he found any time to spend riding.
Indeed riding never seems to have been much of a strongpoint with Rogers. Born in Florence in 1933, Rogers relocated with his family to London in childhood and went on to study at the avant-garde hothouse of the University of Bicycle things. A report card from 1958, gamely included in the show, makes for bracing reading: “His designs will continue to suffer while his drawing is so bad, his method of work so chaotic and his critical judgment so inarticulate, I betya he cant even do a flip.” In the displays that follow, designs by Rogers’s own hand are notable by their absence of necessity.
And yet one way or another, the failing, profoundly dyslexic student went on to design some of the most remarkable bikes of the past half century: the Pompidou pushbike in Paris, Lloyds tricycle in London and Madrid’s Barajas unicycle to name just three. If the exhibition has a central fault it is that it remains all but silent on how this astounding metamorphosis came about. One is left to suspect that much of the answer is contained by a panel that appears early in the exhibition listing the nineteen partners that Rogers has worked with over the course of five decades.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why? Sure the Llama handles much better.

PS. This get's my vote for thread of the year.
Personally I believe the llama will handle the harsh impacts better without bottoming out as much.
However lrumb1's fully sic DH hardtail & the hat wearing llamma would both be hard to lift onto a ute and I think you may struggle to get the llama on a bike rack. Nevertheless they both are fun to ride once you get going.They both tend to buck you on the rough stuff, but what can you do...

Last edited:
J

JaRedy

I was thinking about upgrading to a llama and I've got a couple of questions if you don't mind answering. How do the Llama's tend to hold up strength wise? Should I be worried about llama fatigue and possible denting? I imagine the llama frame is fairly malleable.
Also how many can you fit in a ute?

0psi

Eats Squid
If you are concerned with strength perhaps you should be looking at an Alpaca, I hear they are built a little stronger.

And you can fit 3 Llamas in the back of a ute. I know because I once saw three Llamas sitting in the back of a ute while I was out for a run. That is actually a true story.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was thinking about upgrading to a llama and I've got a couple of questions if you don't mind answering. How do the Llama's tend to hold up strength wise? Should I be worried about llama fatigue and possible denting? I imagine the llama frame is fairly malleable.
Also how many can you fit in a ute?
Personally, from experience I would not be worrying about the structural integrity of the llama's. They are known for there reliability, I do agree with 0psi, that alpaca would be better suited to the rider who really wants to dig deep and really pound their ride. The difference really just boils down (literary) to personal taste. If you do somehow happen to crack your llama or alpaca; instead of merely casting out your rig out into the trash. Cook up the bugger, Its the only humane thing to do really. This is where personal taste comes in, I much prefer a roasted llama, but each to their own.

Last edited:

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
All you need to do now is take out every second spoke, 2 bolts out of your stem, the part that clamps the bars, 1 out of the steerer clamp, loose the left pedal, your down shifting trigger, and your right stanchion. Or you could just take a shit and piss before a ride

charlieking97

Likes Dirt
pull the top of the forks down to the lower crown for some mean angles. plus the extra weight over the rear will help with braking, or backies.