Dropper post advice

Lucaw

Next in line
Exactly, I’ve had one before and it was thoroughly stuffed, only taking it because of the price

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Need to have a chat with @phillynight he is doing the exact same thing.

phillynight

Likes Dirt
Yep, I've ordered the exact tool we all need to do the 30.0 to 30.9 and it arrives next week. I am happy to start the game of "pass around the tools" so that everyone that needs them can finally run a normal seat post size. Once I do mine I might start a thread because there have already been a few people interested but didn't want to blow the $100+ on a single-use tool

Lucaw

Next in line
Yep, I've ordered the exact tool we all need to do the 30.0 to 30.9 and it arrives next week. I am happy to start the game of "pass around the tools" so that everyone that needs them can finally run a normal seat post size. Once I do mine I might start a thread because there have already been a few people interested but didn't want to blow the $100+ on a single-use tool
$100?!? I’m getting mine from Bunnings for $25 and putting the rest of the money towards a dropper

Flow-Rider

Burner
It will take you forever with a brake hone and they're not really designed to take out almost 1mm of material, you'll also end up with a bell mouthed bore if you're not really careful.

PJO

in me vL comy
Just double check one thing before you go expanding the seat tube ID. Check that the tube is straight guage and not externally butted.

phillynight

Likes Dirt
Mate if that floats your boat I’ve got a set of Lyrics sitting there with a 3 inch gouge out of the stanchion. Only lets in a little muck. But good as gold!
Special price for you!
hahaha tempting but I'm all set on forks for the moment, just on the hunt for a dropper

CHEWY

Eats Squid
It is done, I used an 30mm emery paper drill bit and a brake hone, I’m extatic with the result. Now Just to wait for the reverb in the post
Nice. How long did it take you?
And how deep could you get with the hone?