Dropper post - Thoughts on KS Lev,? Any better options?

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+11 to the bike yoke revive here.. I have a 160 one on my rocky and I've also sold a couple to customers, all performing flawlessly! Love it!

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
+11 to the bike yoke revive here.. I have a 160 one on my rocky and I've also sold a couple to customers, all performing flawlessly! Love it!
Good feedback - makes me feel more confident I've made the right decision, having just bought one myself. I like the fact that they look easy to service, and that you can get replacement parts locally from mtbdirect. My second choice would have been a Lev.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Fox transfer for anyone? There seems to be a scarce amount of lev's getting around from Aus retailers atm. Cyclinic have the fox for 329 and 399. Add on another 80 for a wolf tooth remote though....

Or an easton haven for 199 on crc (add the - $40 code and snap it up for $160!)

moorey

call me Mia
Fox transfer for anyone? There seems to be a scarce amount of lev's getting around from Aus retailers atm. Cyclinic have the fox for 329 and 399. Add on another 80 for a wolf tooth remote though....

Or an easton haven for 199 on crc (add the - $40 code and snap it up for $160!)
I considered the Easton...till reading reviews. I think RS make them, to make the reverbs comparibly reliable looking.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Same, but I'm trying to get an external one to avoid drilling the frame if I can. I can't say I've seen many of the fox posts around though.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was going between the BikeYoke with i spec II trigger thing and a KS Lev Integra. Having had a KS before which I bought 2nd hand and not having a single issue with it I was leaning towards the LEV but the marketing hype of the BikeYoke unit was playing on my mind too.

In the end, after talking with Al (Nerf Herder) I decided on a Lev with the remote and eventually a replacement to the rather shyte remote clamp.

In the end it came down to having access to Al's back up service, knowledge and him being on the forum and in Sydney.

Last edited:

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was going between the BikeYoke with i spec II trigger thing and a KS Lev Integra. Having had a KS before which I bought 2nd hand and not having a single issue with it I was leaning towards the LEV but the marketing hype of the BikeYoke unit was playing on my mind too.

In the end, after talking with Al (Nerf Herder) I decided on a Lev with the remote and eventually a replacement to the rather shyte remote clamp.

In the end it came down to having access to Al's back up service, knowledge and him being on the forum and in Sydney.
Ks does have excellent backup service. It remains to be seen how bikeyoke will fair in dealing with warranty issues. Both posts are nice and really the only thing likely to go wrong is air entering the hydrauilcs. If and when it happens, a replacement cartridge would probably be fitted and returned quickly.

Last edited: