Dropper post

RangaWal

Likes Bikes
My dropper post isn't working. Sometimes it goes down by itself (often when sitting on it whilst climbing), it doesn't stay down, and it doesn't seem to always come back up all the way. Cyclinic said they can't repair it.

It appears I need a new one - any recommendations?

moorey

call me Mia
What is it? (Out of interest)

Budget! If tight, brandX. Mid, oneup. Cashed up, ks lev.

Last edited:

RangaWal

Likes Bikes
Budget would be most inexpensive, without being cheap. If that makes sense. I don;t do much hardcore riding, but would like to replace the on I have.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I really like the Brand X. It's fully rebuildable and there's a teardown of the Racface Aeffect, which is the same post, on nsmb. Many of the other cheaper posts use Wintek cartridges which are replaced rather than serviced.

I also really like the seatclamp which is as solid as f@#k.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Another vote for brand X.
They're without a doubt the best bang for buck post out there. There is better posts for sure, but they start at twice the price and don't deliver anywhere near twice the post. I still prefer my ks, but I wouldn't buy another one new.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Never used one, but probably

It's hard to beat a quality post for $150. Happy to stand corrected, but the brand X is 80% as good as the lev at 30% of the price.

Anyone want to donate a one-up so I can compare?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

safreek

My dropper post isn't working. Sometimes it goes down by itself (often when sitting on it whilst climbing), it doesn't stay down, and it doesn't seem to always come back up all the way. Cyclinic said they can't repair it.

It appears I need a new one - any recommendations?
Sooo, what brand post is it

Jpez

Down on the left!
Brand x sounds good for the price but no good for a tall bugger like me. Only goes to 150mm drop. Well it did a while back anyway.
For budget and quality and 170 drop I love my One Up.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Brand x sounds good for the price but no good for a tall bugger like me. Only goes to 150mm drop. Well it did a while back anyway.
For budget and quality and 170 drop I love my One Up.
Pretty sure brand X are selling a 170mm post now.

Last edited:

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Had a few posts, nothing comes close to the Xfusion manic IMO.

Dirt cheap from cycling deal and is a brilliant bit of kit.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Any suggestion where from? I quickly found this - https://www.giantbikespares.com/Gia...witch-Dropper-Seatpost/product_detail/3-43566 - not sure if it applies to my post, but I suspect it does.
Yep, looks about right. Should be able to order it from a Giant store, or any LBS.

Will be 30.9. Is cable routed internally or externally?
Should be either. They can be set up for internal or external. About a 10 minute job to change between modes.