Dropper post

moorey

call me Mia
Yep, looks about right. Should be able to order it from a Giant store, or any LBS.

Should be either. They can be set up for internal or external. About a 10 minute job to change between modes.
More asking, as to what he needs to replace it with. No use buying internal if no routing.

RangaWal

Likes Bikes
Finally getting around to replacing my faulty dropper (mine faulty Giant has now become unbearable). Tossing up between the KS ETEN-I 440/125mm and the X-Fusion Manic 150mm for the same price. I'm only 5'7" so I don't think travel on either of these is a concern.

Any recommendations on which to go for?

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Manic without question. Had an E-Ten a few years ago on a bike and it wasn't particularly smooth and the remote was the standard KS plunger type. Have run two Manics, they have a decent alloy under bar trigger, and have been faultless and smooth

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Another option?

I bought a Bontrager 150 dropper for my bike a while ago figuring it had a decent warranty and the price could not be ignored and it has been flawless for 6 months now. There is a little side to side play but that cannot be felt at all during use, other than that I'd recommend it wholeheartedly. I think I only paid $170 for it and that includes all cabling and the lever.

Otherwise, bikeyoke.

RangaWal

Likes Bikes
Another option?

I bought a Bontrager 150 dropper for my bike a while ago figuring it had a decent warranty and the price could not be ignored and it has been flawless for 6 months now. There is a little side to side play but that cannot be felt at all during use, other than that I'd recommend it wholeheartedly. I think I only paid $170 for it and that includes all cabling and the lever.

Otherwise, bikeyoke.
Thanks, but couldn't find the Bontrager near $170, and the bikeyoke is almost 3x the price of the manic (though I suspect much better, but beyond what I think I need).

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Have you considered just replacing the cartridge on the Giant? I think they're around $80...

RangaWal

Likes Bikes
Have you considered just replacing the cartridge on the Giant? I think they're around $80...
Yep, cheapest I could find was $100. It might have been a cheaper option, but not sure how long they last. Perhaps I should have found a serviceable model, but hopefully the Manic will last long enough.

Just curious - are the serviceable untis much better, and what would be the cheapest decent model?

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Yep, cheapest I could find was $100. It might have been a cheaper option, but not sure how long they last. Perhaps I should have found a serviceable model, but hopefully the Manic will last long enough.

Just curious - are the serviceable untis much better, and what would be the cheapest decent model?
You can get all the seals and cartridges for the Manic off Duncan at DIYMTB. A cartridge is a whole $40 or so.