Dropper remotes

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rather than a ghetto shifter mod this time I'm interested in the dropper remotes fit for the job. As always. Keen to hear buying and using experiences from y'all. The wolf tooth one looks the best so far because it is ispec shimano fittings.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Go

Likes Dirt
+1 on the wolf tooh remote. Lever on mine is a bit short but I heard they come in longer version

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

stirk

Burner
I like the look of Bike yoke offerings.... seem like an innovative, ideas driven company.

The revive post looks like a winner......

Agree with this, I'm very tempted to buy the revive. Their remote looks good too.

I run a south paw, some people have had issues with them mounting properly and moving, personally mine has been fine and doesn't budge but I wouldn't buy another wth a clamp design that doesn't fully wrap around the bar as it is fiddly to mount.

X-Fusion have a toggle type switch.
Works in any direction. I bought my post 2nd hand so not sure if it's still the same.
It works well. Plenty happy. Will work with any post that has the cable stop at the bar end.
Other bike has a ghetto Sram shifter set up. It works fine too.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
KS is updating the clamping on the southpaw and we are lined up to get the clamp as a spare to enable retro fit for those with the first gen. TBC landing dates.

The part that holds the 'remote' is the same so you can adjust blade angle ... But the clamp is now a full wrap around clam to address some fitment issues some users where experiencing.

Warp

Likes Dirt
One more Wolftooh here. No complains so far.

Just get the one right for your brake and you're gold.

teK--

Eats Squid
Any one with the wolf tooth and can comment on whether dirt and gunk gets into the cable housing? Everything about their design looks good except for the exposed cable inner.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
KS is updating the clamping on the southpaw and we are lined up to get the clamp as a spare to enable retro fit for those with the first gen. TBC landing dates.

The part that holds the 'remote' is the same so you can adjust blade angle ... But the clamp is now a full wrap around clam to address some fitment issues some users where experiencing.
Any chance of an Ispec mount is the works for the south paw?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Any one with the wolf tooth and can comment on whether dirt and gunk gets into the cable housing? Everything about their design looks good except for the exposed cable inner.
I did notice when my bike was upside down that the Wolftooth had a lot of crap underneath the open barrel that could potentially get into the cable housing. Doesn't seem to have been a problem and it's seen a lot of use so far.

One minor niggle I have with the WT is that they brought out another version with a slightly longer lever, which was probably due to complaints that the shorter lever was too stubby for some and didn't have quite enough leverage. I'd have more respect for them if they stuck with one design and stood by it 100%, rather than trying backpedal and make up some bs about different riders' needs...

Best lever hands down is my Sram XX shifter than took me less than 10 mins to modify into a dropper lever.

stirk

Burner
I did notice when my bike was upside down that the Wolftooth had a lot of crap underneath the open barrel that could potentially get into the cable housing. Doesn't seem to have been a problem and it's seen a lot of use so far.

One minor niggle I have with the WT is that they brought out another version with a slightly longer lever, which was probably due to complaints that the shorter lever was too stubby for some and didn't have quite enough leverage. I'd have more respect for them if they stuck with one design and stood by it 100%, rather than trying backpedal and make up some bs about different riders' needs...

Best lever hands down is my Sram XX shifter than took me less than 10 mins to modify into a dropper lever.
The WT remote caters for people with hand injuries and remotes with harder actuators. WT listed to feedback​ and made an improved design which is called progress. All good manufacturers should do this. A modified shifter is still a big clunky thing on your bar, a purpose designed lever is far more elegant.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
A modified shifter is still a big clunky thing on your bar, a purpose designed lever is far more elegant.
Yes a purpose designed lever is indeed more elegant and weighs less, but I've yet to find a lever (and I've tried several) that is as ergonomic, smooth and effortless as the XX.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Yes a purpose designed lever is indeed more elegant and weighs less, but I've yet to find a lever (and I've tried several) that is as ergonomic, smooth and effortless as the XX.
Have to agree. Running modded shifters on the Rune and Povo, work better than any bespoke remote lever I've had.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I have a Southpaw and a Specialized on 2 KS Lev's.

The specialized is a far nicer lever blade (has a contoured section upwards towards the bar) and has a very neat SRAM mounting. I have it mounted on a Hope Tech3 lever with a matchmaker.

The Southpaw has a better range of positioning options, but needs carbon paste and a decent amount of torque to stop it moving on the bar (just on the limit of what I'm comfortable with). The lever is flatter and more square than the specialized.

Overall, I prefer the specialized lever, but in reality when riding hard I don't even notice the difference.

I had bastardized sram shifter previously, which work fine and can be set in exactly the same orientation as your right shifter. Personally I think the specific levers are much more tidy.

goobags

Likes Dirt
I've got the Raceface Remote on a KS Lev and getting another one for my second bike. Was about to buy the wolf tooth due to the specific mount but the extra adjustability of a separate mount is pretty damn good for the expense of a few grams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk