Dropper remotes

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So who imports WT stuff to Aust? When I go onto their international site it gives three shops in Oz who sell then, but no distributor. I want to order one at the same time as the new ride so they can install it for me, but wont frig around if MTBdirect at the only ones to sell them.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Anyone tried the Wolftooth ReMount dropper post adaptor?
Yeah, coming from a reverb I hooked up a WT onto a Transfer, it's still early days but it seems leaps and bounds ahead. ( just re-read, sorry not running the adapter)

So who imports WT stuff to Aust? When I go onto their international site it gives three shops in Oz who sell then, but no distributor. I want to order one at the same time as the new ride so they can install it for me, but wont frig around if MTBdirect at the only ones to sell them.
Not sure who imports them but I specced one and my LBS made it happen.

Last edited:

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Hmm, back in the market for a dropper remote after my lovely XX modded lever failed spectacularly over the weekend resulting in a nice little 20 min descent in the dark at the end of a 50km ride...

The failure was not a result of the mod - just the rather fragile drive pin of the lever somehow giving out, which would have resulted in zero shifting between front rings if it had been employed in the correct fashion.

Damn - have now missed out on the cheap Spesh and WT remotes going on here :(

I don't mind the WT on my other bike, but for the price I would have wanted something that felt a bit more like the XX (when it was working). I've had a go on a Spesh and reckon that's more in the ballpark. Hopefully cheaper than the WT and most of the other options out there.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Hmm, back in the market for a dropper remote after my lovely XX modded lever failed spectacularly over the weekend resulting in a nice little 20 min descent in the dark at the end of a 50km ride...

The failure was not a result of the mod - just the rather fragile drive pin of the lever somehow giving out, which would have resulted in zero shifting between front rings if it had been employed in the correct fashion.

Damn - have now missed out on the cheap Spesh and WT remotes going on here :(

I don't mind the WT on my other bike, but for the price I would have wanted something that felt a bit more like the XX (when it was working). I've had a go on a Spesh and reckon that's more in the ballpark. Hopefully cheaper than the WT and most of the other options out there.
Specialized remote is about $50 from your lbs. Great value compared to some of the others.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Specialized remote is about $50 from your lbs. Great value compared to some of the others.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
I'm on it, had assumed they were up around $100 like the rest, but was pleasantly surprised.

Spesh do some really well priced parts; the best top chain guide I've ever tried was a Spesh for only $30! Back plate is much thicker than the competition, so it doesn't bend.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
KS is updating the clamping on the southpaw and we are lined up to get the clamp as a spare to enable retro fit for those with the first gen. TBC landing dates.

The part that holds the 'remote' is the same so you can adjust blade angle ... But the clamp is now a full wrap around clam to address some fitment issues some users where experiencing.
Hey Al, any news on the KS southpaw clamp update ETA?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
KS is updating the clamping on the southpaw and we are lined up to get the clamp as a spare to enable retro fit for those with the first gen. TBC landing dates.

The part that holds the 'remote' is the same so you can adjust blade angle ... But the clamp is now a full wrap around clam to address some fitment issues some users where experiencing.
@Nerf Herder any update on this updated clamp being available for a retrofit ?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
@creaky ... Already standard on the Southpaws ... I have a few clamps for retrofit on my desk as I type ... best to email alan (at) linksports.com.au
If you are in Sydney ... pickup with beverages OK for payment. I found 8 limit of 2 per pickup :)

@Kerplunk ... belated update ... KS showed us a few versions of I-spec and matchmaker versions at last Eurobike ... I should have some somewhere around March after Chinese New Year.