drugs are bad mkay

lucky13

Likes Dirt
well boys, this thread is mainly aimed at the younger blokes that may be just being exposed to drugs for the first time and is intended as a deterent, not something to be looked at as cool.

i am 35 years old and i first shared a spliff with mates when i was 11 (we knicked the neighbour's plants).

by the age of 13 i had my own crop in the scrub and was selling hash blocks at school for an older fella i knew.

at 15 i bunged gas up my arm for the first time and, to be honest, hated it.
so it went in my nose or i swallowed the filthty crap.

16 and the "10 foot tall and bullet proof" coke came into my life. this consumed my whole life (and ruined a promising footy career). i started my apprenticeship as a boilermaker and moved out of home.
i did every bit of overtime offered to buy my the shit. i lived in a flat with a mate and 2 chicks and we ate 2 minute noodles for every meal and took slices of bread to work for lunch. every other cent was pooled for drugs and rent.

By 19 i had gone from a 90kg footballer to a 70kg nothing. every waking moment of my life was about being toasted. i didn't sleep (ever) and couldn't even crack a fat (i'm serious).

at 20 i met mrs lucky, who i went to school with, and didn't even remember her (and she's a foxrat!). she told me i looked like shit but i conned her into a night out. the night i took her out i did a full gram and she told me to fuck off.

this became a challenge for me. to get her i had to wake up, so i gave the jerk drug the flick and she was proud of me.

poor mrs lucky didn't know about the ms.cottons, diazapans and viacadins that i was still shoving down my neck. she wondered why i was so moody.

about this time a good mate (and bud dealer) that i grew up with was murdered and had his body dumped up stockton beach by a piece of shit that owed drug money.
he was trying to get my mate's cash off him. his accomplice only lived 3 days after getting out of gaol. justice!

at 23 we got married (i was in the toilets doing lines off the dunny lid at the reception....idiot) and mrs lucky got pregnant and later that year lucky jr(badlad on here) was born.

that was my slap in the face. mrs lucky was in labour for 58 hours and when he eventually came out i cried my fucken eyes out.

my life changed forever. no more drugs. no more violence. no more crime.

now, the best man at my wedding was a mate i'd know since i was 2. we used to fight over star wars men, lego and were side by side in every scrum on the footy feild.

every year on the eve of our wedding anniversary we have a party for all the people who were in our bridal party.

in January 2002 we had this party and it led into newcastle. i drank beer untill i couldn't fit any more in, so i went to sleep in the back of my HQ holden.
when i woke up my best mate was driving and we went to get brekkie at mcdonalds.
he went to the loo while i bought food.
when he got back in the car (driver's seat), he put his head down and said "fuck, that shit hurt" and fell asleep.
i didn't think much of it because he was always passing out when we were drunk.
so i shoved him over and drove home.

he died.

heroin.

hotshot.

i didn't know he'd had a crack.

i drove past a hospital to get home.

best mate ever....dead fucken dead. no comin back. fucken dead. forever.

i went nuts, punched everything and everone. coppers, ambos, neighbours, mates, even my dog.

funeral was fucked...after the wake we dragged another junkie mate down to the creek and held his head under the water trying to make him wake up...we were wrong by doing that.

i let that mate stay at my house for a bit and he stole my kid's gameboy!
i held him beside my car and dragged him down the road, when i let go i ran over his shoulder.

that was wrong too. addicts aren't doing what they do on purpose.

6 months later my cousin overdosed on heroin and died.

dead fucken dead...never coming back....dead.

and this is what brought this on.......the date of my cousin's death.

i have no advice to give other than to say, have a look at the shit i wrote and stay the fuck away from drugs.
it's all shit, all of it.

all i got out of it was a deviated septum, obsesive compulsive disorder and a suit for funerals.

i want my years (and mates) back.

if 1 of you listens, i'll be happy.

lucky loves you.

Last edited:

Pete J

loves his dog
Damn, that was a tough read, not even sure what to say...
I'm stoked for you that you got your shit together, awesome work mate!
However the other stuff just blows my mind, i can't understand what it would be like to lose so many friends. Must really be freaking hard to deal with.
I used to do drugs myself (although not as long or as much) and occasionally find myself getting these rose coloured glass type memories. Then i slap myself and remember how good life is these days without that stuff.

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for sharing that, you're a lucky man lucky.

Glad you're here now.

All you kids listen to this man.

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
I been sitting here for 20 minutes thinking about my life and what to reply with.

There is nothing else to say except even as bad as you think your life may be, there is always a way to make it better.

Never a more appropriate user name have I seen. Well done Lucky.

trail-blaze

Likes Dirt
Woah, Thats real heavy... I hope that some of this sinks into some of the kids on here that might be tempted by the "cool" people to try some drugs at school.
*e-hug* for lucky

indica

Serial flasher
Word.
I have had experience with a problem, never turned out as bad as yours - no one dead - but lots of bad memories all round, lots of debt.

Found a great woman, ran away, now happily married with 2 kids, a house and a couple of bikes.

Stay happy Mr. Lucky.

Peace bro.

Mangina

Cannon Fodder
I really hope the young lads on here learn from your story and thanks for having the guts to giving us an incite into what this crap does to your life and the people around you.

mountain_bike man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WOW, good on ya mate. i think allot of people would never share a story like that!
Good an you for sharing it and imm sure you have convinced allot of people out there.
Good to see you out of all that Lucky. :):):)

Last edited:

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
I'm almost 17, and never done drugs. Unfortunately I know alot of people who do, so will definately share this story with them. Thanks Lucky, I love you too :)

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Bloody hell. That's one of the most harrowing drug stories I've heard, and I've heard a few.

Glad you made it out the other end. I know too bloody many who didn't.

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
Fark thats rough......Glad to see everything is all good now.

I'm 17, haven't experimented with any substances, and I'd like it to stay that way.

I think a first hand account is far more effective in deterring young people than just being warned about the consequences. Hopefully sharing this will help with prevention of drug use among some young people on these forums.

That was a tough read.......

chuckies_here

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shitttt, Fuck.
There is honestly no words to say On how that touched me just then.
I'm 16 at the end of the year.
I've never touched the stuff, But after reading that i never want to touch or even see the stuff.
Thank you for sharing that, I'm sure there will be some other kids on here that read that and think the same as i did.
Love you too Lucky.

bonkers

Likes Bikes
Well said mate! Best advice I've read on here.

Watched it, lived it, survived it too.

I have a young bloke now who I will fight to the death to protect from drugs.

Drugs will have the biggest negative effect on your life you could ever imagine.

Just dont do it. The same people giving you shit for not being cool when you say no, might be the same dudes you visit in the psyche ward....

Rian

Likes Dirt
Holy shit.
I read 100% of that.
You made me want to stay away from skum rats that do drugs even more.
Thank-you!.

Joy

Likes Dirt
Great thread. First hand experiences will always hit harder than some by the book, innocent preacher.

Props to you for getting through it.