DSLR's

Hugle

Likes Dirt
Drew. has one forsale with grip and glass...

That said, they are getting on in years, which is a long time in tech speak.
Hmm, i find my 40D still more than keeps up with my mates with the lower end canon's
(450D/500D), the sensor is still great and 6.5 frames a second is pretty hard to go past for anyone thinking of shoooting sport...

Xplor

Likes Dirt
6.5 frames, thats amazing. I think 3.7 fps is 550D. eh though ill get hektic video capabilities and it got newer techmonoligicaly crap in it!!

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Hmm, i find my 40D still more than keeps up with my mates with the lower end canon's
(450D/500D), the sensor is still great and 6.5 frames a second is pretty hard to go past for anyone thinking of shoooting sport...
I totally agree man. They're a cracker, especially at the used price. But saying this, the 50D has a much better LCD screen (brining it up to par with the Nikon 3" screens) and updates in ISO control can't be dismissed too easily. Depends on how much you have to play with, what you want to shoot and whether the 'updates' mean much to you I guess.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I totally agree man. They're a cracker, especially at the used price. But saying this, the 50D has a much better LCD screen (brining it up to par with the Nikon 3" screens) and updates in ISO control can't be dismissed too easily. Depends on how much you have to play with, what you want to shoot and whether the 'updates' mean much to you I guess.
The live view was also an awesome added feature, especially with the exposure simulation. + the 5 more megapixels is amazing for cropping.

Originally I used to think pf 40D to 50D was a waste of time (I only did it as the 40D was Dads, 50D is now mine) but it really isn't - the updated features actually are awesome.