DT Swiss 350 QR End Caps

gness

Likes Bikes
Item: DT Swiss 350 QR End Caps - front and rear
Extra Info: Looking for DT Swiss end caps to convert my 350 hubs from 15mm to QR (front) and 142mm to QR (rear)

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'd just suck it up and buy new after nearly 2 months....

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Front conversion has two options:
  • a through axle to convert 15mm to 9mm, part # HRCXXX00N4369S (~17 Euro) - you can get non genuine ebay knock-offs too
  • QR end caps, part # HWGXXX00S3801S (~30 Euro)
Or you could just buy a whole new QR 350 front hub with the end caps you need for about ~40 Euro, swap out the end caps and sell the new hub with your existing 15mm end caps

Rear is an end-cap swap, but you'll need a Shimano or SRAM specific set:
  • For Shimano freehub end-caps: part # HWGXXX0001528S (~23 Euro)
  • For SRAM freehub end caps: # HWGXXX00S3115S (~25 Euro)

All are available from the Germans - bike-components.de (their prices quoted above) and/or r2-bike.de - they'll be your best bet if you want/need to buy new.

Last edited:

gness

Likes Bikes
Thanks @Nambra that's exactly the information I was looking for. There's so many variations which makes it extra confusing.

I was actually sold the wrong front end cap set hence the bump on the thread

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
No problem mate, there are quite a few possibilities with DT Swiss it seems - some of those rear hub end cap part numbers also include 12mm through axles and so on so it's a bit of a minefield.

The definitive resource is available from DT Swisss:
https://www.dtswiss.com/en/support/conversion-charts/end-cap-solution-mtb-front/
https://www.dtswiss.com/en/support/conversion-charts/end-cap-solution-mtb-rear/

Just look under the 'Convertible MTB Hubs' tables.

I have a feeling that the QR front through axle conversion (HRCXXX00N4369S) is no longer preferred as DT Swiss only lists the end cap version (HWGXXX00S3801S) on the above web links. This might possibly be due to the fact that the end caps have the serrated steel surfaces that provide better clamping against the fork dropouts, compared with the smooth faces on the ends of the through axle. Or maybe it's because the end caps are twice the price as the axle... o_O