NSW DT swiss revolution spokes 294mm

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Item: DT Swiss revolution spokes 294mm
Item Condition: Brand new - never been opened
Reason for selling: No longer required
Price and price conditions: $90 for 4x18 (each pack has 18 spokes)
Extra Info:
294mm length
Bought this for Pole Evolink build which never eventuate. Frame never arrived. As I don't own 29er bike, these spokes are of no use to me.
Postage is $9.20, Aust post small satchel.

You can buy a pack of 18 for $25. Not going to sell individual as the pack is sealed.
Pictures:
See attached files. Spokes are still in original packaging. I'm not going to open them.

Attachments

Last edited:

PJO

in me vL comy
I believe @SummitFever was looking for some like this...?

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Bump. Price drop. Need these gone urgently as they're useless for me and returning them back to UK will cost a fair bit.

Minlak

Ask me about HoboBlo franchise opportunities
Assuming they were for the rims I bought - What hubs were you going to use with them?

Minlak

Ask me about HoboBlo franchise opportunities
What's 5mm between friends
It would make it harder to get tyres on and off if they are 5mm longer :) - I just don't know enough about wheel building to know if they are the right thing - I assume the right person can just make new threads after trimming them?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
It would make it harder to get tyres on and off if they are 5mm longer :) - I just don't know enough about wheel building to know if they are the right thing - I assume the right person can just make new threads after trimming them?
Yes 5mm is to much, you can cut them and then cut more thread with the correct tools.

Best bet with building wheels is to get the hubs and rims and measure the length you need, there are a few different techniques over in the wheel building thread. Other option is get a ball park length off the dt swiss spoke calculator.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
I just used the spokes calculator to estimate. If it’s a bit too long, I could always put washers. Well, I won’t know as the frame which the spokes were bought for, never arrive, and I don’t have frames that take 29er.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
I’m planning to build a 29 Hope enduro rim with Pro 4 hub... prowheelbuilder says 290.1mm (left) and 290.9mm (right)spokes... will an extra 3.9mm & 3.1mm be too long to effectively work?

ozzybmx

call me Cáitín
As an aside, how long (as in too long) a spoke can you get away with? 1mm?
With your sizing of 290.1mm (left) and 290.9mm (right)

A lot of places only do even sizes, personally I would use 290mm both sides.

Too long bottom out and you wont get tension, too short and the spoke sits inside the nipple threads instead of right up in the head where its at its strongest.