Dubstep+ drum&bass

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
Did you hear the one about a 90's metal band releasing a dubstep album in early dec?

True story... New Korn album

Ummmmm, should be interesting... maybe

masone

Likes Bikes
Not suprised, slipknot used a lot of breaks from N20 bttale records back in the day. Then sid (starscream) signed and put out a heap of jungle. Hell nice guy too, hung out with him a few times (once with the korn guys at a jungle/hardcore korn afterparty) . A lot of those groups are right into the jungle/hardcore/dub scenes, Hed PE, skindred, Korn, slipknot, Incubus, System of a down, linkin park all have connections with the LA jungle mashup scene.

masone

Likes Bikes
Ok so this isn't strictly in keeping with the theme of the thread but every junglist knows speed garage is intrensically tied to DnB, having being born in the back rooms of jungle raves. And from speed garage we got ukg, and from ukg we got grime and sublow and their lovechild...dubstep. So it's all relative. Plus speed garage has the same propensity for cheeky whitelabel bootlegs and sample slaying that early dnb had, which is how it should be. Here is a 2008 speed garage/bassline mix I did for a mate, quite a few rudeboy bassline tunes in the selection. I will leave it up for a week before rotating it for another mix...classic mid nineties jump up anyone?

http://soundcloud.com/masone/2008-bassline-speed-garage-mix

On another note, Ice Cream Records, the label behind some of the biggest speed garage and ukg tunes from the mid-late nineties and mid naughties is back in effect! Rereleasing all the classics like RIP groove (first garage record I bought) and a heap of new stuff coming through. Big tings!

indica

Serial flasher
On another note, Ice Cream Records, the label behind some of the biggest speed garage and ukg tunes from the mid-late nineties and mid naughties is back in effect! Rereleasing all the classics like RIP groove (first garage record I bought) and a heap of new stuff coming through. Big tings!
Fuck YES!!!
My Bro was in the UK when that stuff was breaking, had lots of Speed Garage on vinyl back in the day... all sadly now gone the way of the Do Do....

masone

Likes Bikes
No doubt, I have got rid of most of mine but joints like RIP groove, 187 Lockdown's Gunman and DJ Pooch Let the bass Roll are going to the grandkids. Only newer garage recs I've bought since 2000 were Dexplicits bullacake and might be joints, Might be is still heavy business and was an instant classic imo. Will definitely be picking up represses of some Ice Cream tunes though, I need "Jump to it" something fierce! Still remember the first time I heard it and rip groove and DJ Pooch at a rave, those rolling basslines...there was another tune with samples of DeVito from Goodfellas(You think I'm funny? Funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you?) , never tracked it down but it is burned in my brain.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Sorry for the delay Indica. I was in Bali. Stems are there.

Masone, loving your stuff. Some really great gritty bass and breaks there.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where my junglists at?!?

[video=youtube;wMiFdIbEVX0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wMiFdIbEVX0[/video]

[video=youtube;Gj4zbdakyrw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj4zbdakyrw[/video]

Last edited:

masone

Likes Bikes
That rawhill tune is nice, this is more my style of jungle though, subs so nice. Strictly 94-95 tings, gwaan so rudeboy, tell em selectah wheel up and come again!

[video=youtube;rWPMZSsToy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWPMZSsToy0[/video]

indica

Serial flasher
Mo' Fire, have remixes of that from 09 - Ryda you may have heard that in my sets? Had a bad habit for a while of getting drunk and busting out the ragga....

masone

Likes Bikes
Nice Indica, my pre 96 record collection is mostly suburban base and brain records. 95-97 it was all about influential and smokers inc (plus nuff whitelabel bootlegs). Next week is the jumpup session mix, stay tuned for rolling basslines and easy steppers. Will do an early naughties greensleeves ragga set after that.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can someone upload a mix that is of the style of the rawhill cru I posted above :) !!!

masone

Likes Bikes
Nu-skool jumpup? Yeah I probably have a few early/mid 2000's mixes with stuff from rudebwoylicious, tc islam and a grip of bootlegs/whites etc...will have a dig for you. Probably if you did a search on the net for benny page mixes and the like you will find a heap of stuff.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nu-skool jumpup? Yeah I probably have a few early/mid 2000's mixes with stuff from rudebwoylicious, tc islam and a grip of bootlegs/whites etc...will have a dig for you. Probably if you did a search on the net for benny page mixes and the like you will find a heap of stuff.
Cheers, will do!