XC Ducky's Modern-Retro Carbolicious (or is it Carboniferous?) Anthem. Now with v2 Project

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I always liked the look of the square down tubes on those frames. Hope you still find the original bike one day.
I want the old one back too, if only for my wheels! Parallel thought with this frame is the ability to hold it as a spare in the event v1 is recovered, as that frame does have some patched crash damage. I do prefer the more contrasty graphics of the 2011 frame, so chucking on some tastefully coloured details will hopefully offset the darkness a bit.

The big, boxy downtube coupled with the old-school tight, steep XC geo gives a real "no bullshit" attitude, and I always loved that about these frames, as noted in the older posts here. :D

Shredden

Knows his goats
I thought I had found your old Anthem for you for a few moments last week. A guy emailed one of the stores I work for, saying he found an older black and blue Anthem X dumped in a park in Alphington with an empty stubby in the bottle cage.

I got some pics sent through and it was unfortunately a 2013 X Pro 0 29er with Sram build and RS forks :(

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Project Phoenix is starting to resemble a bike, although obviously it's still missing some essential bits....

Fork is a Fox 32 F120 RLC. Rear wheel is the original M775 XT from v1 which had been relegated to spare duty for a while. However shithead who nicked that bike also took the matching spare front, so via Farcebook marketplace I found a M780-series, which mechanically is identical, but the graphics are different. In the long run they'll become spares, as I will build up a new set of carbon rims eventually.

The bar & stem are on purely for assembly purposes, just some old Race Face stuff I had kicking around, and will be replaced as the build progresses.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Project Phoenix is starting to resemble a bike, although obviously it's still missing some essential bits....

View attachment 392266

Fork is a Fox 32 F120 RLC. Rear wheel is the original M775 XT from v1 which had been relegated to spare duty for a while. However shithead who nicked that bike also took the matching spare front, so via Farcebook marketplace I found a M780-series, which mechanically is identical, but the graphics are different. In the long run they'll become spares, as I will build up a new set of carbon rims eventually.

The bar & stem are on purely for assembly purposes, just some old Race Face stuff I had kicking around, and will be replaced as the build progresses.
Pretty sure I've got a spare rear xt wheel here, not sure which graphics are on it. If it's right, you can have it. Failing that, I'm happy to swap your mismatched front for one I have on a kids bike here, won't make a difference to us

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Pretty sure I've got a spare rear xt wheel here, not sure which graphics are on it. If it's right, you can have it. Failing that, I'm happy to swap your mismatched front for one I have on a kids bike here, won't make a difference to us

Appreciate the offer, but the mismatched set I have will get it rolling once drivetrain & cockpit are sorted, as I'm only viewing them as backups... The ultimate goal is XTR hubs (I have a front one, just need a Q/R rear) into carbon rims. :)

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Appreciate the offer, but the mismatched set I have will get it rolling once drivetrain & cockpit are sorted, as I'm only viewing them as backups... The ultimate goal is XTR hubs (I have a front one, just need a Q/R rear) into carbon rims. :)
Looking at carbon rim options in 26” it’s getting pretty limited if you’re buying new, narrowest inner widths on offer:

Nextie, narrowest is 25mm
Light Bicycle narrowest is 23mm
Carbonfan narrowest is 19.6mm

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Coincidentally, they sent me an email not long before the bike was nicked asking if I was satisfied with the product, some seven years after I bought them. I didn't reply straight away, but after the bike went walkies I did respond, very positively, and then gave a very brief rundown of the current situation & enquired what, if any 26" rims they still made. The M623 I had is discontinued, but I was informed they now have the XC625, and as a replacement purchase they'll knock 10% off, which I think is about US$17/rim.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
You sure I can't tempt you to take it away?

Cost me nothing so I'll charge the same. You'd be saving me from trying to look for a matching front

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
By swap, you mean take my wheel away and give me nothing in return right?

If you saw the way my garage was overflowing at the moment you'd understand - I need stuff to not be here anymore

is that why you haven't collected those wheels yet? ;)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
What XTR stuff are you still looking for @The Duckmeister?

There's a fairly cheap SC Superlight on Marketplace with what looks like a complete M970 groupset in very good condition (from what you can tell in photos anyway). Bit extreme, but an option could be buying it and swapping out parts you already have then re-selling the SC on...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Oh yeah, xtr...

I have a high mount xtr FD if that's of any interest? Can check the model if you're still looking for something