E Bike at Cross Country Endurance Event

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, I didn't find them disruptive at all at the Mont as they used excellent trail etiquette - which seemed to be 'don't ask to pass on ascent, rather than don't pass at all when climbing - and I was never held up going DH by any of them.

They also had a separate category. I wouldn't even enter a race if e-bikes were in the same group as normal riders.

Last edited:

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ha ha, their own worst enemy.

Ideate, other than shooting down and dismissing concerns of people here, you haven't put forward any alternate arguments or defense other than same same but different.

If you look at this problem from a stakeholder perspective there's a bunch involved as you may appreciate, but what I'm seeing rather than a 'hey this is a bit tricky and we are all in this, let's work together' acknowledgement, is a sense of urgent entitlement, when combined with ignoring the concerns of existing riders is not very persuasive. Besides, e-bikers won't be the decision makers here, but nor are reg. mtbers.

safreek

Yes, you're right here m8

Edit: Where can I see this Masturbation racing? I wish to make an analysis on whether a vibrator would give an advantage or not.. ? Racing against someone with an ebike advantage would piss me off.
Be careful what you wish for, middle age men, vibrators and.masterbation contests, ahh no thanks

teK--

Eats Squid
Interesting video/perspective from Flow MTB worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkM30phmK0E
Absolutely disagree on many of their points and their marketing spin.

Wear and tear on trails will be "less" than an equivalent MTB? I call BS. With exception of e-bike riders who are reasonably skilled, this will open the gates for unskilled morons who speed into corners and skid the shit out of the trails or up steep hills they have no hope of climbing in any case.

It has a motor, it should be called a motor bike. If you remove the accelerator pedal from a car and instead connect the engine to your legs which push the car through an open floorpan Flinstones style, it is still a motor vehicle isn't it?

The Vicroads definition of a pedal assist vehicle being a bicycle is not so relevant when you talk about singletrack and facing oncoming riders. Different to riding on a public road where it is often dual directional carriageway and in any case you cannot face oncoming traffic in the same lane.

Ideate

Be careful what you wish for, middle age men, vibrators and.masterbation contests, ahh no thanks
You be careful m8.. Johnny might ban you for insinuating there's something wrong with being a middle aged gay man .. that rides XC :whistle:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You be careful m8.. Johnny might ban you for insinuating there's something wrong with being a middle aged gay man .. that rides XC :whistle:
I'm not sure you can assume his preferences based on using vibrators and being middle aged.

teK--

Eats Squid

I entirely agree with Mr David Turner.

If you are too unfit to enjoy a mountain bike, get fit.

This industry "progression" scares the shit of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Decades of advocacy and lobbying for land access could be undone pretty bloody quickly... Think insurance risk and how many shuttle day locations have been shit down due to insurance costs.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Really????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Yep. Pretty simple.

Not forgetting the context of this tread is ebikes at a mtb endurance race.

Personally I believe the best and most useful future for ebikes is commuting, but that doesn't mean I will be getting one.