E biking threads on rotorburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Doesnt matter where your circle falls, gunna be some spanners in the mix.
Ive tried to apply that ethos everywhere in my life.
Yep, so I just assume everyone is a fuckwit until proven otherwise. Currently I'm hitting a pretty good ratio of right:rong.

Yesterday I rode across the Sydney Harbour bridge. As I descended into Milsons Point I hard some arsehole at the top of the stairs telling people to get out of the way. He proceeded to ride his bike down the ramp in the middle of the stairs with about as much grace as a mangled slinky and as much speed as a snail going up. He was riding an electronic motorcycle in the "stealth bomber" style. He was a total drongo.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We had a nasty incident of ebike rage on our local trails that ended up with an ebike rider in hospital and the other riders taking off. Too many FW riding mtb these days.
In other news, are all ebike riders juvenile pervert
artists ?

gillyske

Likes Dirt
So on my very first ride on an ebike, i see two blokes pulled over to the side of the trail. I slow down, ask if they are OK, to which they reply they are. As I'm riding off I hear a snaky, "could use a battery".

Imagine if I hadn't known you're all a bunch of bitter pricks? I might be turned off from the sport. Imo the hate on the forums prepares you for the hate on the trails.

Minlak

custom titis
To many people have the attitude that you must suffer to earn the right to be called a mountain biker - here they sit decrying evolution yet they have disc brakes progressive geometry wide tyres air forks oval chainrings rear suspension and the list goes on

It’s gotten so bad that if you don’t fit the mould you are met with aggression and degradation when in the vast majority of cases all you wanted to do was ride a bike. Have experiences and enjoy

Factor in the keyboard warrior not having to say face to face what the vitriol they type and it’s no wonder it’s all segregated and ebikes have their own forums.

A broader range of people using trials means more trails more funding and more tourism how is that bad again? Oh right it isn’t unless you suddenly woke up and realised that being a mountain biker is no longer the mystery surrounded in an enigma you once thought you were.

Being a hard nut mountain biker went out the door ten years ago - sure there are examples of pure beasts but sorry guys you are mainstream now.

moorey

call me Mia
To many people have the attitude that you must suffer to earn the right to be called a mountain biker - here they sit decrying evolution yet they have disc brakes progressive geometry wide tyres air forks oval chainrings rear suspension and the list goes on

It’s gotten so bad that if you don’t fit the mould you are met with aggression and degradation when in the vast majority of cases all you wanted to do was ride a bike. Have experiences and enjoy

Factor in the keyboard warrior not having to say face to face what the vitriol they type and it’s no wonder it’s all segregated and ebikes have their own forums.

A broader range of people using trials means more trails more funding and more tourism how is that bad again? Oh right it isn’t unless you suddenly woke up and realised that being a mountain biker is no longer the mystery surrounded in an enigma you once thought you were.

Being a hard nut mountain biker went out the door ten years ago - sure there are examples of pure beasts but sorry guys you are mainstream now.
TLDR. You’ve changed maaaan

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

At the end of the day, it’s a motorbike. There wil always be kickback when motorbikes are pushed on people who like mtb’s. And then get told “no, it’s a mtb”.

You enjoy it, awesome. I like motorbikes too. No kink shaming here.

But ffs industry call a spade a fucking spade. Don’t try and sell a spade as a spatula.
Yes they’re underpowered, and slow, and have limited range, but the flipside of that is you can ride your motorbike where people ride mtb’s, and they’re alot lighter than a combustion motorbike.

They aren’t a new evolution of a bicycle. Motorbikes have been around for a longer time than mtb’s.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
2. Cool, I am getting an ebike to draw Dick and Balls all over the world!
That would make for an awesome E-bike world travel blog. I have subscribed to your channel in anticipation! Personally I can't wait to see your dick and balls ride across China and into Tiananmen Square.

moorey

call me Mia
If I'm 100% honest, my real beef with ebikes is constantly being told I HAVE to get one, and that I don't know what I'm missing out on. Marketers, shop owners and many eBikers are like reformed smokers, and preachy to the point of nausea.
I believe that they believe what they say, just like I agree with reformed smokers about how disgusting the habit is....but I just want to ride my bike and the struggles involved with it (and smoke if I was a smoker...ewww).
It's nothing to do with being hardcore or macho like @Minlak thinks, It's also not a fear of change. Other than a penchant for old 26" bikes, I love the technological improvements that better suspension, dropper, disc brakes and wide range gearing brings. (much of the rest is just industry wank for the sake of change IMHO).
Can I afford the sort of eBike I'd choose to ride if I wanted an eBike? Nope.
Does it worry me for a second? Nope, not while I'm enjoying riding unassisted and capable of doing so.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
At the end of the day, it’s a motorbike. There wil always be kickback when motorbikes are pushed on people who like mtb’s. And then get told “no, it’s a mtb”.

You enjoy it, awesome. I like motorbikes too. No kink shaming here.

But ffs industry call a spade a fucking spade. Don’t try and sell a spade as a spatula.
Yes they’re underpowered, and slow, and have limited range, but the flipside of that is you can ride your motorbike where people ride mtb’s, and they’re alot lighter than a combustion motorbike.

They aren’t a new evolution of a bicycle. Motorbikes have been around for a longer time than mtb’s.
Mo-Ped actually
Don't tarnish the name of motorcycles - they are nothing like a KTM 520 EXC

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got an ebike and ride all around Brisbane area and have to say my experience has been pretty good. I haven't had any abuse on the trails and everyone has been pretty friendly to chat regardless of what they ride. When riding it on the trails I do feel bad though when people give way for me and I try to stay out of other peoples way so they dont feel the pressure on them to go quicker than they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.