E-line the new French-line?

T.3

Likes Dirt
Maybe breaking cadence and then resuming pedalling places a greater drain on the battery than just plowing on thus needing less recharging of ones battery thus lowering ones carbon footprint.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
The continued Armageddon of e powered mtb today. Have others seen a e-mtber cut by a good 8 feet an UPHILL corner so they don't have to very briefly slow their cheater uphill run? Fark off and don't be creating unnecessary new trail spiders
I noticed at Stromlo the other day heaps of straight/cheater lines have suddenly appeared around the tight corners and features on the Heartbreaker climb. Looking at the tyre patterns in the dirt it seemed like mostly 'plus' sized options...fairly common on the E-bikes I've seen floating around there.

danncam

Likes Dirt
...heaps of straight/cheater lines have suddenly appeared around the tight corners and features on the Heartbreaker climb.
So shit a side effect of tech that will possibly help more people commute via bicycle.
If you're cheating up the climb with e-doping why not cut corners as well right? I Keep hoping some mtb trails will just ban them

danncam

Likes Dirt
Yep I remember the days before ebikes when trail spiders didn’t exist. There were no b lines either you. You either made the gap or died. Helmets weren’t legal and everyone had a lighter on them to help me light the ciggy I bummed off them.
Sarcasm noted to my overreaction :)
Creating cut corners on uphill won't help the trail conditions nor make land managers happy I imagine

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sarcasm noted to my overreaction :)
Creating cut corners on uphill won't help the trail conditions nor make land managers happy I imagine
Lol thanks for noticing. Whenever I hear a complaint about ebikes I can't help but think of all the hiking/walking associations who used to complain about mtbs and how they destroy everything good. I just don't want us to blame/ostracise people who might enjoy something different when the same people are generally assholes across the board.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lol thanks for noticing. Whenever I hear a complaint about ebikes I can't help but think of all the hiking/walking associations who used to complain about mtbs and how they destroy everything good. I just don't want us to blame/ostracise people who might enjoy something different when the same people are generally assholes across the board.
Agreed, I would suggest 90-95% of emtb riders either were or still are regular mtb riders, their behaviour is most ikely the same with or without assistance. Having recently aquired one I'll declare my hand. Didn't help me when I cased a jump and slashed my minon open today, I'm definitely going back to a mini pump by C02 cartridge didn't get the tube all the way up and I flatted again with an hour walk back to the car :(

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Seeing a lot more straight lines starting to appear on my local trails too. Whilst it’s tempting to blame ebikes, I think there’s more to it. As the trails have become more popular with casual riders and families, the less skilled riders are preferring to ride around obstacles. It’s walkers cutting corners too, particularly on climbing/descending trails with switchbacks.

As a regular trailcare volunteer at the park, it is frustrating to be distracted with having to deal with this instead of doing fun stuff like cutting in new tracks.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am noticing trails getting wider and wider especially in corners on climbs. I don’t think it is just e bikes as people are also pushing lighter bikes and can climb faster or more aggressively. Trails that were previously about 30 cm wide are now about a meter wide. It sucks and little can be done about it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Changes to bike design wouldn't have anything to do with changes to trail design. Longer, slacker, wheels, travel, and so on wouldn't be making bikes slower in/out of corners.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I noticed at Stromlo the other day heaps of straight/cheater lines have suddenly appeared around the tight corners and features on the Heartbreaker climb. Looking at the tyre patterns in the dirt it seemed like mostly 'plus' sized options...fairly common on the E-bikes I've seen floating around there.
That really is sad, it's called Heartbreaker for a reason, if you can't get your heavy POS up it WITH a motor fuck off and ride some fire trails.

I dont get the "take a photo of yourself" thing... I travel to see the things, not myself. Any holiday snap with me in it is an accident...
I've really enjoyed doing this, something I've not really done regularly until I started riding with a photographer who always makes sure we get a snap (not some Instakook, someone who has made their entire career photography) and it's been good to have a pictorial record of the rides we've done.

E bikers also love their strava so we can blame both of them..
They need e-strava so it handicaps them against the rest of us who ride bicycles.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can we blame instagram as well?
The bushwalkers are already onto this
The NPA Illawarra is very much, do as I say not as I do. They go off track all the time then criticise anyone else using informal tracks such as MTB riders. We keep forgetting it is their park and not ours or anyone else taking a selfie.