E-line the new French-line?

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I think Trek supplied gear to those who didn't have it. Which clearly was a lot of them. Needs one of those John Wayne gun shooting scenes edited in.

Just like the Duke’s westerns... one bullet takes out many Indians!

What’s with those x-fit crit chicks too - first time on a bike?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Cross fitters on e-mtb's on singletrack, oh the carnage. ICYMI also from PB comments:

*Absolutely no hate for crossfitters, but the idiots who made them do this are not cool.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A kind e-bike rider stopped (descending) to let me keep climbing this morning.

Spat on him when I was going past just so that he knew he was inferior to me, the one panting through a grimace.
Can’t believe you wasted spit on him and not a snot rocket.. Those lyra cyclo cross guys need the spit at the speed they are going..

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Also own an e-Bike... not so much own as bought. A 6.5k bike for the misso... reckon it has been charged 5 times, just because.
I was wondering if that might be good for my wife. First hurdle would be the 5.5k I'd spend over a sensible second hand first f/s bike. She can ride decent, 7 years bmx racing in our thirties gave her some skills, random mtb rides on her 90's shitbox over 25 years.

If money was no object, it still wouldn't fly. At sub 60kg it would be more than a handful. We're looking at a light 120mm bike, she rode a borrowed one and it went well. She likes the idea of the e-bike for going uphill so we're gonna give them a try. But she's a mountain biker, since the 90's when one of her first big rides on her full rigid bike she went otb and bent a seat rail but still completed the ride.

Haha there's still proof. I wrote this rather detailed account of the ride in 1996. Tina and I had been together 3 years or so. My site was the first mountain biking site in Oz in case you didn't know ;) Fuck e-mtb with a grin, that ride would have been sick on one especially for Tina :D

cammas

Seamstress
A kind e-bike rider stopped (descending) to let me keep climbing this morning.

Spat on him when I was going past just so that he knew he was inferior to me, the one panting through a grimace.
This actually happened earlier this year during a race at the Wombat there was a separate class for ebikes, I believe it was more of a participation class than actually racing, as they started after everyone else. One of the ebike riders had an off and as he lay on the ground a rider who he had passed earlier rode by, he spat on him as he went past and yes it was on purpose.
Ebikes don’t float my boat, I prefer to know my efforts are mine alone, yes they’re good for some (I’ve had my hip replaced and currently working through fibromyalgia as well as numerous other issues and injuries) but the dude did not deserve this especially when they advertised an ebike category.

damo666

Likes Dirt
This thread really delivers, things I've learnt over the last 7 pages:

• Every single tyre mark more than 3cm off the swept line HAS to be those dastardly ebikes (cause us real MTBers never, ever, cut corners before those bastards came along...);
  • The fact that I hate getting passed when climbing has absolutely nothing to with my fragile little ego....those cheats haven't earned it!
  • No one can be considered a real rider until they are wearing a full face (like the multitudes of mid-40's cashed up public servants wearing them on green trails around here. Those blokes must be real FAST).

creaky

XMAS Plumper
This thread really delivers, things I've learnt over the last 7 pages:

• Every single tyre mark more than 3cm off the swept line HAS to be those dastardly ebikes (cause us real MTBers never, ever, cut corners before those bastards came along...);
  • The fact that I hate getting passed when climbing has absolutely nothing to with my fragile little ego....those cheats haven't earned it!
  • No one can be considered a real rider until they are wearing a full face (like the multitudes of mid-40's cashed up public servants wearing them on green trails around here. Those blokes must be real FAST).
This could form the basis for a sticky, avoid everyone having to read the whole thread.

danncam

Likes Dirt
The question still begs, does, or will, MTBs with electric motors cause an increase in uphill cheater lines? Just asking :)

Flow-Rider

Burner
There was a dickhead a few months ago on a DH e-bike in the car park of our local trails, I parked beside him as he was unloading his bike and later heard a noise like an electric antenna of a car continually running but in fact it was his e-bike with an accelerator toggle switch rigged up to the handle bars but anyway, as I got out of my car to unload my bike I heard this loud bang, turned around to find him flat on his back on the ground, helmet went one way and the bike the other, he didn't even have his helmet buckled up.

Last edited:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
The question still begs, does, or will, MTBs with electric motors cause an increase in uphill cheater lines? Just asking :)
the question still begs, just how long is that piece of string?
I have noticed with the advent of long low slack bikes, just how much all the berms and corners are now getting all chopped out.
people in glass houses!!