E-line the new French-line?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
The e-lines and French lines are getting silly at Stromlo. I want to go around in a quad with a trailer of big rocks and fix them all. Saw evidence of uphill powerslides today. E-roost-ers.
I’ve noticed those too. Shortcuts all over the place on the main climb.

A guy on a grey and red Specialized e-bike nearly ran into me using one to pass assuming I wouldn’t be there in time. Grunted a vague apology over whatever electronic music was blasting in his e-Buds.

I don’t see too many e-bikers though, so not sure what time they’re all showing up.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I don’t see too many e-bikers though, so not sure what time they’re all showing up.
Saw a couple of blokes at Stromlo today with flash looking Norco e-bikes.

One guy was literally telling the other guy where to get the software to up the assistance cutout speed. "Best thing I've done, you hardly even notice the cutout any more. It's legal"

They seemed to be reasonable guys, but just shows that the line being pushed about assistance-limiting protecting trails should be taken with a grain of salt.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Saw a couple of blokes at Stromlo today with flash looking Norco e-bikes.

One guy was literally telling the other guy where to get the software to up the assistance cutout speed. "Best thing I've done, you hardly even notice the cutout any more. It's legal"

They seemed to be reasonable guys, but just shows that the line being pushed about assistance-limiting protecting trails should be taken with a grain of salt.
probably the dumbest thing you could do to your ebyk
any service work done by the dealer, the hack will show up as soon as the EDT tool connects, voiding any future warranty claims on your bike!
for me, this is just too big a gamble, if you fuck the motor or drivetrain, it comes out of your pocket to repair.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
probably the dumbest thing you could do to your ebyk
any service work done by the dealer, the hack will show up as soon as the EDT tool connects, voiding any future warranty claims on your bike!
for me, this is just too big a gamble, if you fuck the motor or drivetrain, it comes out of your pocket to repair.
Yeah but I know of shops that fudge the limiter on their demo bikes.. It’s pretty much standard practice to chip them, because they ride like donkey shit once the assistance stops. I attempted to ride one with a flat battery uphill.. Could have ridden a stationary exercise bike quicker..
Good to see you doing the right thing though mate. 25km/h is plenty on st..

safreek

I just believe it's these crunts on 26 inch wheels that are ruining the tracks.
It appears that they are all real men who have loads of power, probably flying around the corners with gay abandon.
Someone has to make these fellas fall in line with the mainstream.
I actually think 29rs made ebikes more acceptable, everyone said it made the tracks faster for them, went over bumps and larger objects easier, all the blah blah.
Manufacturers then realized that real men no longer rode mtb and that riders just want an easy ride, no effort needed, cue the ebike.
Just my 2 cents worth

Flow-Rider

Burner
I just believe it's these crunts on 26 inch wheels that are ruining the tracks.
It appears that they are all real men who have loads of power, probably flying around the corners with gay abandon.
Someone has to make these fellas fall in line with the mainstream.
I actually think 29rs made ebikes more acceptable, everyone said it made the tracks faster for them, went over bumps and larger objects easier, all the blah blah.
Manufacturers then realized that real men no longer rode mtb and that riders just want an easy ride, no effort needed, cue the ebike.
Just my 2 cents worth
Not what boostmaster said and listen to the beauty of hope hubs. :D

Last edited:

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
maybe its time that our more popular bike parks have rangers out on the trail, enforcing correct riding etiquette and performing trail management strategies like closing certain sections as the need arises.
if you are seen doing the wrong thing, you are asked politely to fuck off!
proper mountain bike riders will always ride to the trail conditions, and respect the main line.those that don't will probably do similar things out on any normal bike...there will be assholes out there, but by numbers alone, there are more assholes out there on normal bikes than Ebikes.