E13 11 to 12 speed conversion.

Cletus

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, looking to increase my gear range on my 15 stumpy evo. I have an 11 speed xo1 group set on it now with 10-42 gearing and the E13 12 speed conversion offers 9-46 which would help me out greatly. Anyone running this system and anyone think its a bad idea? My other option is a gx eagle groupset but I'll be looking at $750 compared to $500 or a wide range 11 speed cassette and new chain. Any one know how big a gear an xo1 derailleur can handle. Thoughts?

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
What chainring are you running on the front ?

I ran a 28t on my Evil Following and never looked for higher top end speed, you can still pedal over 40kph with a 28t front on an 11 rear.

If you are at 32t at the moment, dropping to a 28t front with your existing set up will be the equivalent of a 48t on a 32 sprocket.

Obviously you loose top end speed doing this.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Your xo1 der will handle a 46 tooth. Garbaruk works for me but e13 has a new cassette on the way which might be worth checking out.

Cletus

Likes Dirt
At the moment i have a 30t chainring. I want to be able to climb the steep stuff on the trails but still get some decent speed riding to work. Hence the wide range. Was thinking of going back to a 32t chainring to give me more road speed and hoping the 46t would still let me get up the climbs. Kinda wish i could go a 9-50t cassette but im not confident my derailleur will handle that range