E13 lg1 plus wheels are they any good?

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty sure (95%) these were the rims that came on my 2019 Capra.
They're heavy but I found them durable and reliable enough . They certainly survived me smashing them around with no skill :)
I only did around 500km on them though so can't speak for longevity

LPG

likes thicc birds
A friend has them and had a non critical issue with the front hub which led to the whole wheel being replaced so there is some reasonable customer service. I personally wouldn't look at a 28 spoke rear wheel unless you are pretty light a rider. The price does look good though.

kip01

Likes Dirt
Im 100kg and hard on the gear, I killed a rear 28h duroc35 after couple rides so probably should look at 32h or something custom

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are these good? Never heard of them
Yep, running them on my Highlander. They're very good and the best praise I can offer is that I never think of them.

They're comfortable and direct & robust.
Be mindful you'll get a duty charge from DHL but for a set of carbon wheels with solid warranty support (I had an issue with one out of the box and they sent a replacement and collected the first one, I didn't even have to leave my house), they represent decent value.

Decent engagement and they don't have an obnoxious noise to them, or branding on them.
Note that I'm 107kgs and sometimes like to just smash through things. They're plenty solid enough but I do run them with Tannus inserts.

I'd buy another pair, especially at 15% off.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Are these good? Never heard of them
I was running Hunt wheels previously on my Transition and they were good. I got them to mix and match so i was ruNing a Trail wide wheel at the front and Enduro wide at the rear. I’m only 72-73kg but ride reasonably hard and the enduro wheel held up to all abuse and both were spinning nicely after a couple of years of use.

EDIT - customer service is very good too

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im 100kg and hard on the gear, I killed a rear 28h duroc35 after couple rides so probably should look at 32h or something custom
4 spokes aren't going to make much difference in terms of dings and flat spots, it's the rim itself that matters there. If you're often breaking spokes then yeah 32H would be better but sometimes that can be due to poor quality SS used to make the spokes.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys any reviews on these e13 lg1 plus enduro wheels, just seen dirt works has them on special, im looking at the 29x30mm wheels thanks.
They're shite. I havent ridden them, but came stock on 3x of the bikes in my riding group. Riders between about 60-80kg. All replaced at least once. Multiple flat spots, dings, and even outright failure. Rim appears to be made of cheese. I'm well over 90kg and have been riding the same trails on Stans Flow MK3s and Light Bicycle AM/EN rims and haven't had an issue.