Eagle X-Sync 2 chainring with 11sp

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Does anyone know if you have to buy an Eagle chain too. Just replaced my chain and it's just not quite playing nice with my current chainring. I was thinking of trying a 12sp X-Sync2 but I'm not sure if it will be ok with any 11sp chain or if it's designed to work best with an Eagle? Anyone running a 12sp chainring with 11sp standard chain/ drivetrain?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Does anyone know if you have to buy an Eagle chain too. Just replaced my chain and it's just not quite playing nice with my current chainring. I was thinking of trying a 12sp X-Sync2 but I'm not sure if it will be ok with any 11sp chain or if it's designed to work best with an Eagle? Anyone running a 12sp chainring with 11sp standard chain/ drivetrain?
I was running an eagle XX1 chainring with 11 speed X01 chain and cassette on the bike from last weekend. All good for months with that combo.

To be honest, I've had better life out of wolf tooth or works components chainrings than SRAM ones in the past, if they are an option for you.

PS saw you guys riding along the David Low Way Sunday morning.

DMan

I was running an eagle XX1 chainring with 11 speed X01 chain and cassette on the bike from last weekend. All good for months with that combo.

To be honest, I've had better life out of wolf tooth or works components chainrings than SRAM ones in the past, if they are an option for you.

PS saw you guys riding along the David Low Way Sunday morning.
Cool, thanks mate. I was thinking of trying one as they seem to be running them out cheap in steel at the moment. Yep, we did 85km but next time I told Emma we're bringing the road bikes for that! Were you riding? Great ride Sat by the way. It was good to meet you. Got really hosed on again when we headed back in the 2nd time.

Flow-Rider

Burner
What's it doing, noisy or slipping and what actual chain are you using ?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Cool, thanks mate. I was thinking of trying one as they seem to be running them out cheap in steel at the moment. Yep, we did 85km but next time I told Emma we're bringing the road bikes for that! Were you riding? Great ride Sat by the way. It was good to meet you. Got really hosed on again when we headed back in the 2nd time.
Not riding, driving back from the beach. Didn't swerve when I saw you :)

DMan

What's it doing, noisy or slipping and what actual chain are you using ?
It's slipping now and then. 11sp Sram chain.
Not riding, driving back from the beach. Didn't swerve when I saw you :)
Cheers! I have to say, Sunshine coast drivers are more courteous than home. I didn't have to show my middle finger once!
Beach looked pretty damn good by 11...

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's slipping now and then. 11sp Sram chain.
You might have kept the previous chain on a little too long, a lot of the 12sp stuff doesn't like going past .5 on the chain checker. If it has one of those powerlock joiners which it shouldn't on a sram 11 speed but you never know, make sure it's on in the right direction.

Cheers! I have to say, Sunshine coast drivers are more courteous than home. I didn't have to show my middle finger once!
Beach looked pretty damn good by 11...
I've always wanted to do a ride from Brissy to Harvey bay and come up through the coast road that way after crossing over from the highway but some dude just got nailed on Steve Irwin way not long ago.

DMan

You might have kept the previous chain on a little too long, a lot of the 12sp stuff doesn't like going past .5 on the chain checker. If it has one of those powerlock joiners which it shouldn't on a sram 11 speed but you never know, make sure it's on in the right direction.

I've always wanted to do a ride from Brissy to Harvey bay and come up through the coast road that way after crossing over from the highway but some dude just got nailed on Steve Irwin way not long ago.
I definitely kept it on too long...I thought I'd jagged it but the odd slip is annoying. But it's full 11sp at the mo. Just checking about using an 12sp Eagle chainring. The roads we rode were good. But we only picked roads with dedicated cycle lanes.