Easton wheelsets?

Noobs

Squid
I just replaced the EA70 wheelset that came with my bike after 2 years of abuse. Considering what I put them through, they are a truly excellent pair of wheels. Very light, easy to maintain and look pretty nice (unless you like bling). The proprietary spoke/UST system is probably my favourite part of Easton wheels - and spare spokes/nipples are pretty easy to come by from Easton stockists.

Anyhoo, I just replaced them with a pair of Easton Haven Carbons and life is good.

Beej1

Perhaps they don't make em like they used to. I'm running a set of Havocs - 2010 models I think Only recently came out of true, rims take a lot before producing a dent (only 1 small one so far) and my only complaint is that the freehub bearings are becoming a little worn. Since I've done zero servicing on them it's not really a complaint so much as a "I really should get onto that". They've copped an absolute flogging over the past 4 years, and I aint light or graceful.

Was investigating replacing them purely for aesthetic reasons when I saw Spank's line of red ano wheelsets, but to be honest, I just need to replace all the bearings, pull off the tattered decals, get them trued and they'll be fine until 26in wheels go the way of the dodo.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Why would someone like proprietary...when it doesn't do the job any better than traditional?
Umm, who developed tubeless? Mavic, Michelin IIRC - the proprietary nipples are to enable the ust tubeless rim and to allow truckng. By it's nature it's also straight pull as well.

It was stans that then thought we could do a similar thing by using sticky tape, and then latex to fix the rim to tyre contact.

Straight pull spokes certainly have some advantages - now whether it's better than alternatives is up for opinion.

sbr511

Likes Dirt
Easton Vice came with my Torrent 2.
I'm 110kgs and never had an issue.
Just a true every service.

Dowlo

Likes Bikes
I've got Easton Haven rims, now fitted with the retro bearing kit which I had to get from Worralls in NZ. I've also recently needed other parts and again have had to contact NZ to get it sorted. I must say that Worralls have been a great help. Other than a small delay in parts due to distance I really rate the rims. Super light and fast rolling.

Capone

Likes Dirt
I've got Easton Haven rims, now fitted with the retro bearing kit which I had to get from Worralls in NZ. I've also recently needed other parts and again have had to contact NZ to get it sorted. I must say that Worralls have been a great help. Other than a small delay in parts due to distance I really rate the rims. Super light and fast rolling.
I also have the rims, and had to replace the bearings. Easton themselves sent the kit out, top notch service.

The rims have copped some pretty epic hammerings and are still going strong

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Running EA70s on a 29er XC bike that I use more like an AM. I'm 82kg and no issues in a year of use.

Mike95

Likes Dirt
have been running Easton EC90 XC circa 2010 for the last few years with zero problems.
very stout wheel set with better lateral stiffness compared to the crest, arch wheel sets I've used.