eBikes - what's the current perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Could be because the hills are next to the city?
Yes and a great bunch of guys working hard to get the previously 'walking only' parks, reserves, recreation areas ect as shared use for everyone.
Secure funding as a shared use park or whatever magic they use. Build various grades of trail for shared use and throw in the occassional bike only trail.

As above, they might not be to everyone's taste but Adelaide has been getting at least 1 new park every year for about the last 5-6 years.... which concerns me a bit with these ebikes and future progress.

Ideate

As above, they might not be to everyone's taste but Adelaide has been getting at least 1 new park every year for about the last 5-6 years.... which concerns me a bit with these ebikes and future progress.
How are you suppose to ride all these parks and 200km of trails without an eBike?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
How are you suppose to ride all these parks and 200km of trails without an eBike?
I think the mamils on hardtails thread would be a great match for the 200km of trails. Sure sounds damn good though.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Rocky Trail are trialing an E bike category at the Jet Black 12 next weekend . Not sure how many enetered . Should be interesting . The good thing about that course is there are a lot of passing opportunities . I`m not against it , in fact I see their merit . When I`m too old to pedal everything and the technology has evolved to more cost effectiveness and battery size I`ll probably buy one .

Flow-Rider

Burner
Rocky Trail are trialing an E bike category at the Jet Black 12 next weekend . Not sure how many enetered . Should be interesting . The good thing about that course is there are a lot of passing opportunities . I`m not against it , in fact I see their merit . When I`m too old to pedal everything and the technology has evolved to more cost effectiveness and battery size I`ll probably buy one .
It will not be the end all solution to old age MTBing like a lot of people make it out to be. Everybody ages at different levels but one old fella that rides with us occasional gets worn out by mid ride on his e-bike. The other thing now is the large improvement in trail features, old Pop comes cruising down on his e-bike barely being able to hang on and flips it on a double and then breaks his hip.

I don't care what people ride on the trails as long as they don't do stupid stuff but there's what people think happens and then there's reality. I've had to look after my grandparents and my own parents and when you get old you just don't bounce back as fast or if at all.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
If you are going, let us know how they run the scrutineering, if at all. As an ebike recreationalist, I disagree with IMBAs direction, but I can see why they did it. It really comes down to the point that if they own the space, they have control over it at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.