Effing Spider webs

el~rio

Likes Dirt
The spiders are getting ridiculous at my local trails at Albury at the moment, as they do every year about this time. You can ride a track and clear it and then come back about 30 minutes later and the bastards already have a few new strands up. The spiders we get are Golden Orbs which have a really really sticky web which are really hard to get off and feel really gross when they're on you.

The worst part about all the spiders is once I've hit a full web or two, I spend the rest of the ride riding very slowly between every tight set of trees trying to focus on and spot something that probably isn't even there.

I use to have a friend that was great for clearing webs, he would just plow through them only stopping after hitting 4 or 5 full webs. It was funny to see him stop, pull off a heap of webs and then casually pick up or flick off any remaining spiders.

I hate spiders.......

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I was riding my local around this time last year when they are out and about and saw a really chunky orb spider at the last second at roughly shoulder height. I tipped my helmet down and crack.... Sounded like a rock hitting it. Thinking I had showed him i kept riding. A few minutes later I feel something scratching my head, give my helmet a bit of side to side wobble thinking its a stick or leaf and keep going, suddenly I'm on the anchors and scrambling to pull off my helmet. The cheeky thing is burrowing into my hair trying to hide. Must have slotted straight into a vent gap and been hitching a lift until it got sick of the wind.