El Guapo - Let's build 'em up nice

Chrispy

Likes Bikes
A few of us bought a Titus El Guapo for the nice price of US$999, so now we get to build em up. I though I'd start this thread to compare notes and help each other out.

For starters we're going to need shocks, as the frame does not come with one. I'm going for a light build, and the Monach from the Titus site does not really impress me...it could be fine but it doesn't have the heritage of the fox...so...I just bought a RP23 from ebay here:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayI...=330612018378&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:AU:1123
under US$300 delivered.

We also need the shock mounting hardware. It's supposed to come with the bolts, but unless you're getting the Monach you'll need to get the right hardware. According to Titus the gap in the frame is 21.8mm the bolt is an 8mm one. Fox bushings are of the 'top hat' variety, but Rock Shox will also fit, and they make a three piece anno one which looks stronger. I just ordered mine from here:
http://www.forksparts.com/achat/produit_details.php?id=3
for AUS$43 including shipping for two sets (one each end)
you need to put this in the comments:
Rear Shock Mounting Hardware 1/2"X1/2" 21.8x8mm 3-piece
so they send the right stuff.

Other issues coming up include the 1.5 headtube - seems most forks are tapered these days, so we'll need special headsets....

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey, that's great! you got a new bike- maybe you should post it in the "post my ride" section like everyone else manages to.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Its a build thread so I guess it fits in here just as well as PYR *shrugs.

Other issues coming up include the 1.5 headtube - seems most forks are tapered these days, so we'll need special headsets....
I've got a few of these if your interested

ewb-4cf98f3a5ff38-xlite-sit_headset-2.jpg red and black available but not pictured

Also recommend the xlite seat posts.

visit cycotic.com.au or insanecycles.com.au and soon to be available at Blackman Bicycles

Chrispy

Likes Bikes
thanks for that guys - @ Reubs: maybe parts n stuff would have been a better forum, anyway, if i don't hear from other el guapo's it'll probably die here.
@ Nerf: I already ordered a chris king lower 1.5 cup as i already had an upper devolution that should fit a tapered tube

Chrispy

Likes Bikes
got the frame, packed well - needs assembly. don't over tighten the aluminium (black) bolts or you will strip them. also, these bolts for the shock yoke appear too short - I've contacted Titus about it and waiting for them to get back....pic attached with bolt fully done up R0010651.jpg