Electric Vehicles etc

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Every time I’m out on the Hume Highway, I notice less then half of the trucks are arranged as a b double, though I haven’t been in 6 months so fuel prices might have changed that?

Freight trucks, makes sense to me that the b double arrangement is used, the small trailer is for the battery. Totally self contained, very easily hitched and unhitched. Then all that matters for interoperability between makes is system bus voltage, comms protocols and connectors.

Possibly feasible to retrofit an electric motor to the existing ICE prime mover, also possible to start incorporating motors into the trailer if the prime mover cannot house a large enough motor on a retrofit basis.

B double crash with 2 ton of lithium ion ablaze, enough to melt through bridge decks. Hmmm

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Found a hazard of driving an EV today. Idiots walk on the road in front of you and dont know you're there, just like when you are riding a bike. No bell to ring and couldn't just backpedalling furiously to make them think a rattle snake was unhappy. A horn seemed a bit excessive but might just be necessary

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Found a hazard of driving an EV today. Idiots walk on the road in front of you and dont know you're there, just like when you are riding a bike. No bell to ring and couldn't just backpedalling furiously to make them think a rattle snake was unhappy. A horn seemed a bit excessive but might just be necessary
Model S owners in the early days were fitting a little bell on a solenoid inside the front bumper with a button on the dash - for polite warnings to oblivious pedestrians.

Mind you, if you walk out into a roadway without looking its frankly just Darwin trying to tell you something.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Model S owners in the early days were fitting a little bell on a solenoid inside the front bumper with a button on the dash - for polite warnings to oblivious pedestrians.

Mind you, if you walk out into a roadway without looking its frankly just Darwin trying to tell you something.
id just use the horn. thats what its there for. watch a video a while back where someone attached a train horn to their car. remember it being hilarious

climberman

Likes Dirt
I don't think the battery thing is that big of a deal provided they can be repurposed (not recycled) at end of life of the car. They are huge and powerful things. Even something 50% degraded could power a normal home.
A 50% degraded 2012 nissan leaf is still the same as a tesla home battery.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Saw this witty owner on my way into work this morning.

Saving the Earth, one pun at a time.

Potato camera on hand as always.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I love that people are still so stupid that they will lie through their teeth "oh it accelerated by itself" and forget/dont know that so much data is being collected that logs can show you're full of shit.
You're not nearly cynical enough.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I love that people are still so stupid that they will lie through their teeth "oh it accelerated by itself" and forget/dont know that so much data is being collected that logs can show you're full of shit.
Yep, and the media have been really quick to jump on Tesla over it.

Lately I'm loving the constant stream of idiots on social media who still defend ICE. The ones who cry over classic rare conversions are the best.