Electric Vehicles etc

Scotty T

Walks the walk
There's a meme going around "Tesla driver with RIP OIL numberplate doesn't realise that oil is used to make every part of a Tesla". The meme author doesn't realise the difference between burning oil and using it in the likes of hydraulic presses etc. I didn't waste the energy to explain that to the dopey acquaintance that posted it.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I can already see the anti EV claims. "Tesla will just fudge the data to make the driver at fault"

I've heard it so many times.....
Anti EV/self driving person: "my computer crashes all the time. I'm not going to trust AI to drive my car".

Me: "so you trust the human texting, distracted by the other occupants, driving beyond their ability or above the road conditions, drunk or under the influence, the sun getting in their eyes and everything that currently causes accidents every single day that would not happen with AI?"

Anti EV/self driving person: " I still don't trust it"

Me: "Facepalm"

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Yep, and the media have been really quick to jump on Tesla over it.

Lately I'm loving the constant stream of idiots on social media who still defend ICE. The ones who cry over classic rare conversions are the best.
you should see the comments section on YouTube videos about the EPA cracking down on diesel emissions control deletes in the US... so many stupids...

Stredda

There's a meme going around "Tesla driver with RIP OIL numberplate doesn't realise that oil is used to make every part of a Tesla". The meme author doesn't realise the difference between burning oil and using it in the likes of hydraulic presses etc. I didn't waste the energy to explain that to the dopey acquaintance that posted it.
Yes, the is the same when looking at non-fossil fuel technology, the stupid comments are always that you still need to mine all the raw materials to make whatever it is. What they don't get is, that moving away from fossil fuels is to reduce the burning of an oil based product for energy, not stopping any production for using oil uses like making a product. We are not trying to faze out mining altogether.

Same goes for the comment (and there's always at least one) "what if I wanted to tow my 50 foot boat across the outback?" Which the answer is, then don't bloody buy and electric car! The replies will come "but we are being forced to by them" and the answer will be "no you are not, it will take a decade or so before there are not ICE vehicles left, just look at how many 20 year old cars are on the road today, and that means 20 years of electric improvement".

Stredda

See this comment heaps but how many of them are actually doing it? 98% of them living in a fantasy world while they drive their horrible twin-cab POS around the city, not even the occasional gravel road.
Oh but they want to be able to just in case. lol

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I'm going to post some observations about ICE cars being stupid. This one occurred to me yesterday as every second car I followed had one...

Fake dual exhausts.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I'm going to post some observations about ICE cars being stupid. This one occurred to me yesterday as every second car I followed had one...

Fake dual exhausts.
God yes... Hell, I'll go further and say visible exhausts at all! The Alfa has a big shiny chrome tip and it looks naff as hell. The Megane is completely hidden and exits back behind the bumper - much better to not advertise the source of the pollution!

Calvin27

Eats Squid
The ones who cry over classic rare conversions are the best.
Yeah i don't get this part the most. EV conversion is probably my ideal project although too many other things in life and ICE modding is easier and smaller project. I mean you put an LS in a miata and that's ok, but talk EV and it's a no go zone.

On that note my favorite EV conversion Alfa Totem site is down, apparently something exciting coming. Prrobably not something i can afford lols.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
God yes... Hell, I'll go further and say visible exhausts at all! The Alfa has a big shiny chrome tip and it looks naff as hell. The Megane is completely hidden and exits back behind the bumper - much better to not advertise the source of the pollution!
I'm thinking with the BMW conversion I will leave the last section of pipe there, and shove a big red rubber bung in. LED's were in the exhausts of the car my motor came from.