Electric Vehicles etc

mark22

Likes Dirt
The dude is a wanker to the extreme in my book, he may provoke some discussion but so is prince Andrew.
His claims are on a par with Uber's.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The dude is a wanker to the extreme in my book, he may provoke some discussion but so is prince Andrew.
His claims are on a par with Uber's.
A wanker? Why’s that out of curiosity? I’d have said he was remarkably successful at what he does...

Haakon

Doesn't stop someone from being a wanker...
Sure, but still not sure what was meant. He is pretty eccentric, but he has largely followed through with his claims.

I’m betting this latest model is the real deal and will be a good seller. May take a moment for consumers to rearrange their expectations having gotten used to the 3 box designs that all look the same, but it will sell.

Looks better than an f150 at least...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Sure, but still not sure what was meant. He is pretty eccentric, but he has largely followed through with his claims.

I’m betting this latest model is the real deal and will be a good seller. May take a moment for consumers to rearrange their expectations having gotten used to the 3 box designs that all look the same, but it will sell.

Looks better than an f150 at least...
Yeah, Nah.

It looks more like a development hack that made it past the security wall

Haakon

He's an eccentric businessman. He' s not the messiah.
Nope. Just a super smart and motivated guy. I think his EV goals have been reached though, the stated original aim of catalysing a transition to electric is arguably happening so now they can just have fun with it.

Space X is where the really interesting stuff is at present.

Haakon

Plenty of people still laugh at the styling of the Citroen DS.

They made 1.5 million of them and it considered one of the most important cars ever.

Haakon

Meh. I like the big bum Meganes and all sorts of other “conventionally ugly” cars. What I really dislike is boring and safe designs, it does nothing for the world.

Haakon

His EV goals are based on a market opportunity, nothing more than that.
I think it’s fair to say he created the market as it stands, in conjunction with some alignment of other factors. I’m not a fanboy, but I think you’re being a bit cynical about this one.

mark22

Likes Dirt
A wanker? Why’s that out of curiosity? I’d have said he was remarkably successful at what he does...
Where to start, Forced to step down as Tesla Chairman as a settlement of fraud charges in the US relating to privatisation of Tesla.

Called one of the divers a Peddo that helped rescue the Children and coach trapped in a Thailand cave because he rejected his ridiculous offer to build a vessel to get the kids out. (Currently being sued for this). This one had got to take the cake ay, to criticize people who are risking their lives because they don't accept your hare brained scheme.

Built and demonstrated a armoured vehicle which windows broke with a relatively light impact. (I wouldn't call this half aresed attempt a success)

Haakon

Where to start, Forced to step down as Tesla Chairman as a settlement of fraud charges in the US relating to privatisation of Tesla.

Called one of the divers a Peddo that helped rescue the Children and coach trapped in a Thailand cave because he rejected his ridiculous offer to build a vessel to get the kids out. (Currently being sued for this). This one had got to take the cake ay, to criticize people who are risking their lives because they don't accept your hare brained scheme.

Built and demonstrated a armoured vehicle which windows broke with a relatively light impact. (I wouldn't call this half aresed attempt a success)
The pedo one was odd, although a bit over played by media.

Glass one was funny, lots of videos of them testing it successfully. Someone posted a physics analysis of it, something about micro fractures from repeated hits - they shouldn’t have tested it so many times pre show ;)

Like movie stars and musicians, I don’t worry too much about personality - the accomplishments are what I look at. From a private small company with one guy driving them, Tesla and Space X have been remarkably impressive.

Next trip to the US I really want to swing past Cape Canaveral when they launching a Falcon - reverse parking a booster back on a pad is fucking impressive engineering...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
@Haakon

Insert something you like about Elon Musk below:

-------------------------------------------------------
|..................................................................................................|
|..................................................................................................|

Shouldn't be hard.

Haakon

@Haakon

Insert something you like about Elon Musk below:

Shouldn't be hard.
He once daily drove a McLaren F1. Although he wrote it off...

And the Roadster in solar orbit has Don’t Panic on the satnav screen.

Last edited: