Electric Vehicles etc

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
This article seems a fair and real world test Link
I can see an opportunity for rural towns to benifit from charging stations if they locate them in the right spot in town.
I like the bit about Canberra having chargers in 30min parking spots :)

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Such a crock of shit eh. "Electric cars will never work in Australia because you have to stop and eat lunch in a nice regional town instead of shoving Maccas down your face while steering with your knees". Yer ok.
What a whiney little cocksnap, glad he didn't have the kids in the rain. And the fuckhead bogan who has a collection of muscle cars wanting it to cost the same as a Mazda 2. Shit article.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
What a whiney little cocksnap, glad he didn't have the kids in the rain. And the fuckhead bogan who has a collection of muscle cars wanting it to cost the same as a Mazda 2. Shit article.
Pretty realistic depiction of a lot of the market though. Only missed getting a P-plater with a BF XR6 auto and straight-though exhaust (complete with drilled out catalytic converter) complaining that electric cars "sound like shit"...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
While I agree on the cocksnap assessment, maybe go a bit easy on the bogan bashing. Some of us can appreciate an older vehicle AND be aware of the environment, not that I'm saying he's one of them.

Unfortunately he makes a good point, the uneducated punters won't see the point of paying the same amount of cash for effectively less car.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
While I agree on the cocksnap assessment, maybe go a bit easy on the bogan bashing. Some of us can appreciate an older vehicle AND be aware of the environment, not that I'm saying he's one of them.

Unfortunately he makes a good point, the uneducated punters won't see the point of paying the same amount of cash for effectively less car.
I suppose he might come around a bit when the petrol is priced according to the environmental damage it causes.

I love the E30 M3 Evo, but for that sort of coin I could build a much better electric version. Have you seen Zombie 222?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I suppose he might come around a bit when the petrol is priced according to the environmental damage it causes.

I love the E30 M3 Evo, but for that sort of coin I could build a much better electric version. Have you seen Zombie 222?

Love it. Looked up White Zombie too.

Don't get me wrong, and I've said it before, electric drive trains will shit all over anything IC, I'll just miss the sounds, tis all.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I also reckon this is why VW will dominate EV when they pony up and get serious about electric production cars.