Electric Vehicles etc

goobags

Likes Dirt
I think there's going to be really long range but let's say 500km is a balance point for the sake of a round number. We might have 500km with 50% less weight in the not too distant future which would start to make cars feel much closer to the petrol counterparts in terms of nimble handling.
I definitely notice less body roll in my Model 3 than pretty much every other car I have been in. With the exception of cars with heavier sway bars.

Low centre of gravity, instant torque. ICE cars can have their ‘nimbleness’. I don’t like the feel of turbo lag or boxes hunting for the right gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Literally the anti-drivers car, but I'd consider one as well. Plus (weirdly) I like that whiirring noise when they come to a stop. No wagon though.
Last Camry rental I had (current model) I christened Boaty Mcboatface for its handling. It wasn’t bad, just very …. comfortable. So if I was just wanting cheap motoring and had to cover big distances regularly, comfortable is what you want!
No wagon…

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I definitely notice less body roll in my Model 3 than pretty much every other car I have been in. With the exception of cars with heavier sway bars.

Low centre of gravity, instant torque. ICE cars can have their ‘nimbleness’. I don’t like the feel of turbo lag or boxes hunting for the right gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The one time I drove a Model 3 I found it pretty nimble. Very slick chassis set up and tuning I thought.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Then there's the truth but that doesn't suit the agenda of the dumb fucks that post bullshit like this.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Then there's the truth but that doesn't suit the agenda of the dumb fucks that post bullshit like this.
Thats why you are on ignore fuckwit.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I believe it runs off chip fat. They've already saved a lot of fossil fuels getting to a place so remote there's no grid power. This thread isn't about dumb memes poo pooing electric cars.
I think it was just a one off EV club trip but they ran them on diesel in this case.

Edwards and a group of fellow EV drivers gathered last week to test out whether powering an EV charger – in this case, a Tritium Veefil 50kW DC charger – with diesel would be not only a reliable solution, but whether the amount of diesel used is at least comparable to that of a diesel-fuelled car.

BMW i3 came in as the most efficient, recording a fuel consumption rate of 4.392 litres/100km – about the same fuel efficiency as a diesel BMW 3 series.

The Tesla models, while scoring higher than the BMW i3 (between 5.011 to 6.014 L/100km for the Model S and 5.689 to 6.957 L/100km for the Model X) came significantly under similarly sized vehicles in their range (for example, a diesel Holden Commodore does 5.7 litres/100km while a VW Touareg diesel SUV does 7.2 litres/100km).

Using diesel to charge EVs in the outback is greener than you think

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So if you plug in next to a generator in a remote location that is badder and different to plugging in to a grid where the electrickery is made by coal/gas/oil/diesel out of sight?

Maybe have a look at how remote areas get their power and crunch some numbers on the efficiency of the generators and do a quick calc on grid installation costs.

If you think this shit is funny go to the laugh lose thread. This is to talk about Elon Musk electric vehicles eec...

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I think it was just a one off EV club trip but they ran them on diesel in this case.

Edwards and a group of fellow EV drivers gathered last week to test out whether powering an EV charger – in this case, a Tritium Veefil 50kW DC charger – with diesel would be not only a reliable solution, but whether the amount of diesel used is at least comparable to that of a diesel-fuelled car.

BMW i3 came in as the most efficient, recording a fuel consumption rate of 4.392 litres/100km – about the same fuel efficiency as a diesel BMW 3 series.

The Tesla models, while scoring higher than the BMW i3 (between 5.011 to 6.014 L/100km for the Model S and 5.689 to 6.957 L/100km for the Model X) came significantly under similarly sized vehicles in their range (for example, a diesel Holden Commodore does 5.7 litres/100km while a VW Touareg diesel SUV does 7.2 litres/100km).

Using diesel to charge EVs in the outback is greener than you think
I wonder how the diesel got to the remote locations?

Also, the use of four significant figures in the EV 'diesel' consumption figures is a bit chuckle worthy. I feel like it's a bit of a cry for authenticity when the number of significant figures are (most probably) unnecessarily pumped up. Why not four significant figures for the ICE cars?

I'm a big fan of EVs, but the fan-bois and their evangelical shenanigans leave me cold.