Electric Vehicles etc

Flow-Rider

Burner
Anything to do with Lithium seems to be massively overblown. I've visited Greenbushes (as I drive past it all the time going biking) and it's a decent size hole but nothing like the scale of NW iron ore mines and significantly smaller than the super pit in Kalgoorlie if anyone has been there. I think Mt Whaleback puts out something like 90 Million Tonnes a year and Greenbushes less than 2 Million and that is the largest hard rock lithium mine in the world responsible for something like 20% of global supply. There are a heap more coming but iron ore mining in the Pilbara will still massively overshadow lithium.
Holes in the ground are quite different from effluent and tailing ponds, people just see what they want to see. A lot of things get hidden too, companies don't report contamination leaks as much as they should.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I don't think anyone is defending the mining industry's record on pollution, regardless of what the mine is for... Just that bagging out EVs because it also involves mining is a bit disingenuous.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Consuming excess water supplies and the runoff will be very destructive, I've worked in mining for years, and it's disgusting what the government turns a blind eye to, copper mining is one of the worst. Go get a job in the industry then report back here and tell me it doesn't do anything to the environment, internet expertise isn't my game.

"The salt flats in South America where lithium is found are located in arid territories. In these places, access to water is key for the local communities and their livelihoods, as well as the local flora and fauna.

In Chile’s Atacama salt flats, mining consumes, contaminates, and diverts scarce water resources away from local communities."

"Lithium mining has become particularly controversial recently in Portugal, with the municipality of Pinhel now preparing to an injunction file to stop the exploration. Portuguese residents have continuously rallied against the rare metal's mining, citing huge environmental ramifications. But the government has given the green light to the extraction of the "white gold" in six different regions.

95 per cent of the local population has rejected these plans, despite the mining company's promises that the ore's exploitation will create around 800 jobs for locals".
If you look at the Atacama salt flats where the ponds are in Chile absolutely nobody lives there. There is no local community using the water, it's to salty. There is a species of flamingo that use the lakes but it is found all over South America and not endangered in any way.

Have a look at Salar de Atacama on google maps and see if you can find a house on it. There is a few on the hills that rise above it and that's it

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anything to do with Lithium seems to be massively overblown. I've visited Greenbushes (as I drive past it all the time going biking) and it's a decent size hole but nothing like the scale of NW iron ore mines and significantly smaller than the super pit in Kalgoorlie if anyone has been there. I think Mt Whaleback puts out something like 90 Million Tonnes a year and Greenbushes less than 2 Million and that is the largest hard rock lithium mine in the world responsible for something like 20% of global supply. There are a heap more coming but iron ore mining in the Pilbara will still massively overshadow lithium.
I would agree with this , I have been a dumb arse and bought many many lithium mine shares … don’t ask , I’m just not very smart .
However the Chinese are moving in - and really want to buy them .
so now I am torn, take the money ( not much really ) or hold out for a spell longer ?
Farkin Hive Mind … Advise !

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Tesla Model Y Long Range added today. I accidentally ordered one, then told my wife.
2 blokes I work with got Model 3's 2-4 weeks ago.

Today Tesla dropped the price of their Model 3's by $3000 for everyone still waiting.

2 other blokes I work with and still waiting got notification today by text message.

They are the most popular vehicle to lease at this moment due to 100% pre tax payment.

Another who has a Model Y in grey with the black wheels ordered... no drop.

So it was 3's only.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Picked up BYD Atto 3 today. OEM tyres were rubbish and replaced with much better Pirelli Scorpion Verdes. Although BYD have announced partnership with Continental, but I have no idea when they will be on newly delivered cars.

Ride is surprisingly good. Handles ordinary Sydney roads well. Dampers are well judged and not too wallowy.

Amazingly quiet. Really enjoying pumping up the stereo.

Seats are ok. Not as well supported as the amazing Land Rover seats, but still quite good.

Lots and lots of tech. Cameras all round, dash cam included. Tyre pressure monitoring. GPS navigation. Apple car play. Etc etc etc.

TLDR big thumbs up.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Picked up BYD Atto 3 today. OEM tyres were rubbish and replaced with much better Pirelli Scorpion Verdes. Although BYD have announced partnership with Continental, but I have no idea when they will be on newly delivered cars.

Ride is surprisingly good. Handles ordinary Sydney roads well. Dampers are well judged and not too wallowy.

Amazingly quiet. Really enjoying pumping up the stereo.

Seats are ok. Not as well supported as the amazing Land Rover seats, but still quite good.

Lots and lots of tech. Cameras all round, dash cam included. Tyre pressure monitoring. GPS navigation. Apple car play. Etc etc etc.

TLDR big thumbs up.

Lucky for you, my ATTO3 has been sitting since last Tuesday with my rego running out, they are the biggest bunch of retards ever.

My lease company has repeatedly asked them for the last 6 days to change the "Invoice to' from my name to Toyota Finance.

Today I called in and told them they needed to change it... looked at my car in the showroom where it has been sitting ready for 6 days.

They then sent the invoice for a 5th time with the invoice in my name again :mad:

FFS, I took a screen shot and told them what they needed to change. Ahhh ok, it was a computer error.

They then corrected the invoice with the correct name and then dropped the delivery price by $121... now my lease price is reduced and the invoice is wrong. A new invoice needed to be signed by me and emailed... hoping this uselessness is only a once off.

Car war ready for pick up at 3pm today, I'll get it tomorrow or Thursday.

Not my car so no rush.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Lucky for you, my ATTO3 has been sitting since last Tuesday with my rego running out, they are the biggest bunch of retards ever.

My lease company has repeatedly asked them for the last 6 days to change the "Invoice to' from my name to Toyota Finance.

Today I called in and told them they needed to change it... looked at my car in the showroom where it has been sitting ready for 6 days.

They then sent the invoice for a 5th time with the invoice in my name again :mad:

FFS, I took a screen shot and told them what they needed to change. Ahhh ok, it was a computer error.

They then corrected the invoice with the correct name and then dropped the delivery price by $121... now my lease price is reduced and the invoice is wrong. A new invoice needed to be signed by me and emailed... hoping this uselessness is only a once off.

Car war ready for pick up at 3pm today, I'll get it tomorrow or Thursday.

Not my car so no rush.
Just drive gently on those OEM tyres. Non bueno especially in the wet.