Electronics Gurus - Stages Power Crank

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Dudes insane.

Did you see Ninos data from albstat over the weekend? He had a normalised power of about 440w for 1.5hrs . And that was only a 6th place finish.
A shade under 6.5w/kg
Given that to be a decent road pro you need to have an FTP of around 6....

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
A shade under 6.5w/kg
Given that to be a decent road pro you need to have an FTP of around 6....
Isn't that the benchmark required to win the Tour de France. Of course you need to maintain it for a week of mountains and some time trails.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Isn't that the benchmark required to win the Tour de France. Of course you need to maintain it for a week of mountains and some time trails.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Pretty much. Ninos 68kg and I'm guessing an FTP around that 450w mark, which is insane. Generational athlete for sure.

I think I remember seeing Froome was about 420w but a svelt 60ish kgs.

Stomps my measly 280w FTP to the curb haha

Ackland

chats d'élevage
OK so... @Nambra seems to have proven a multi national company wrong and my meter is spitting out numbers which seem to make sense.

Decided "eff it" and installed it for a reasonably moist 4HR yesterday, it survived and still functioned this morning after a blast with the hose.
For stages owners, you'll appreciate that it seems that the meter is now BETTER than it was.... ;)

At this stage, I do think that it is reading a touch low (without trying to sound like a wanker) on absolute figures as it is giving average weighted numbers at approx the same as Strava's "Guess".
The Strava guess has always been based on speed and gradient and is more suited road applications so for MTB/Off Road, resistance etc is higher and therefore required power is also increased.

As mentioned above, this reading doesn't actually matter as long as its consistent and I'm only comparing my own data.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mine seems to be touch and go when I accidentally hit it with a hose . I surprised myself a few weeks back when I pressure washed it after a race, forgetting about the Stages and it didn't affect it at all.

Awesome that you got it all working again. Even if it reads low, consistency is all you need!

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Ok so it's had a solid week of use.

Numbers appear to be consistent/repeatable.

Few drop outs at low cadence on steep pinches but that's a meter thing.

Also it's killed a battery in 15hrs so definitely back to regularly scheduled programming....