Elka Suspension now Downunder!

CTN imports

CTN imports
I feel privileged to announce that ‘Cycle The Net Imports’ is now the Australian and New Zealand Importer for Elka Suspension, we've been trying to get our hands on this baby for a while, and now it’s all happening. Elka has already made a great impression over here; it was recently reviewed on Rotorburn with great comments.

Check it out here.

Now is the time to buy, our first order is already selling fast, even the boys from 'Off The Brakes Imports' are already buying up some of these shocks for their Propain Rage's. Nows the time to buy!

The shock itself is only: $498 AUD, springs are $49/each, 2-piece aluminium reducers are $10/set and a 3-piece hardware kit (stainless steel sleeve + spacers) is $20.

Ti Springs $ 295
From Diverse Suspension Products:
http://www.dsp-racing.com/

KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS:

• Performance: Better bump absorption and stronger overall damping, which is both faster and more comfortable
• Easy to use: Shock is about 80% preset for the bike model, making fine-tuning simple and making it easy to achieve optimal results
• Price: We offer high and low-speed compression technology at a very competitive price
• Custom-tuning: Our shock features a custom valving for the bike design, with the proper spring for the rider’s weight
• Quality: Elka shocks are crafted from CNC-machined aluminium and only use premium-quality materials
• Durability: All seals are motorcycle-grade quality that can withstand heavy abuse, seal heads use triple seals that were successfully tested above 2000lbs of pressure without leaking

INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM CUSTOMERS WHEN ORDERING

• Bike model and year: Refer to the provided application list to validate availability for that model and check compatibility of the stock mounting hardware and spring
• Rider’s weight: Allows to select the appropriate spring rate for the rider’s weight on that bike within the application list
• Intended type of riding: May be used to provide further customization if needed, can also be used to select an alternate valving if available
• Customer’s selection: When stock mounting hardware and/or spring is compatible, customer can choose to order the shock with or without them; customer can also choose his preferred spring rate
• Billing and shipping address: Enables Elka to provide after-sale service by linking that information to the unique serial number on the shock and with the complete pedigree of the rider and shock, also needed when dropshipping orders, finally allows traceability in the event of a recall

ELKA SUSPENSION WARRANTY

Elka Suspension products are guaranteed against any manufacturing defects for a period of one (1) year from the purchase date. This warranty does not cover damages resulting from any of the following situations: obvious abuse of the products, racing accidents, improper installation, disassembly or modifications, unauthorized oil changes, damage occurring during transportation.

For any further information, please contact:

Phone: 0421 672 826
Email: info@ctnimports.com.au

Attachments

Last edited:

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Will you guys be tuning and servicing these in house or will the shocks still have to go back to Elka for servicing?

I'm very keen to try out one of these.:)

CTN imports

CTN imports
Will you guys be tuning and servicing these in house or will the shocks still have to go back to Elka for servicing?
I'm very keen to try out one of these.:)
We will be doing any normal tuning and servicing here in Australia, and if there seems to be any further attention needed from Elka it will be sent straight off to them for further servicing.

Price? 10 char
The shock itself is $498 AUD, springs are $49/each, 2-piece aluminium reducers are $10/set and a 3-piece hardware kit (stainless steel sleeve + spacers) is $20.

Ti Springs $ (T.B.A)

CTN imports

CTN imports
I am keen to get a 200 by 57 with 700 pound spring for my 08 specialized pitch how long would the wait be for one
Well due to all of the different sizes we can't always guarantee stock, but as we are about to submit our first order to Elka, we can add the shock required to the order. Orders will take about two weeks to process. Best thing to do is order now, to insure we will have your shock in stock, and then we can deliver straight away.

Last edited:

dhd

Downhill Direct
Nice one!
We are about 50% sold on running Elka shocks in our Bilt DH frames when we get them into production. Will be nice to have local support. Hope it goes well for you guys.

brutasauras

Likes Dirt
I checked there bike compatability list and the pitch isn`t on there does that mean they don`t have custom valving for that design because the do make the correct size 200 by 57 . I actually sent elka an email about this over a week ago and have yet to hear back? If you can sort one out for my weight and bike i will order one now.

CTN imports

CTN imports
I checked there bike compatability list and the pitch isn`t on there does that mean they don`t have custom valving for that design because the do make the correct size 200 by 57 . I actually sent elka an email about this over a week ago and have yet to hear back? If you can sort one out for my weight and bike i will order one now.
We have a customer buying it for a large 08 specialized pitch, and they are fine.

Landon

Likes Dirt
Elka Stage 5

These are nicely made shocks, there's no doubt about it. But, the test sample I purchased late last year directly from Elka had some major problems.

Elka told me they had all the data to correctly tune a shock for the test frame (Gen 3 V10) and the spring rate (450lb) which sounded great. The first shock arrived, but the rebound tune was way out. My bro and I were running the rebound flat out and it was only just slow enough. A little bit more would have been perfect. Elka shipped out a replacement shock with a supposedly updated tune. The newly tuned shock felt exactly the same as the earlier version. The rebound was still way too light and had to be run at the extreme. Both shocks were returned to Elka, at my expense, for yet another retune.

When Elka received the returned shocks, they told me that both were perfectly ok and that I shouldn’t be running the rebound at the extreme stop. Ah... yes... After saying that, Elka said they’d retune the rebound, for the second time, and fit some updated parts to hopefully address a “knocking” feel when the shock changed from the compression to rebound stroke. They proceeded to charge me a return shipping fee which I paid to keep things happy.

Both shocks arrived and expectations were high after they’d now had two goes at re-tuning a shock. One shock arrived without a nitrogen charge while the other was filled to the correct pressure. The empty shock was filled with a no-bleed shock pump for the test. Unfortunately, both shocks performed exactly the same as the earlier units. The rebound was still way too light and had to be run at the extreme. Both shocks also made an even louder hydraulic "squeak" sound on the rebound stroke and the compression “knock” was still there. The squeak was even worse than with the two initial shock tunes and much louder than a BOS Stoy. I was pretty pissed off by now. These shocks felt perfectly awful.

I sent Elka one last email, and without swearing, kindly told them how it was. I requested a refund. The email was never answered, but I decided to return both shocks to Canada anyhow. Thankfully I did receive a refund without any further communication from Elka to this day. They simply didn't have a clue how to tune these shocks, which was really disappointing.

If CTN Imports are able to properly tune these shocks for higher leverage frames in Australia and silence the "squeak", unlike the techs at Elka, they might be on a winner.

I never had any commercial interest in the Elka Stage 5 shock, and these comments are simply a result of my personal experience.

MTBcrash

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I guess it comes down to personal preferences.
Both my kids are running an Elka Stage 5 shock on their Zumbi F44 Ti frames and couldn't be happier.
They were tuned to the leverage ratios of the bike and their weight and were almost spot on when they arrived. I think one extra click on the high speed compression and all was sweet.
I even did a run on one of them and was suitably impressed. It's obviously suspension design and the rear shock, but the travel felt bottomless......................

Glad to see that someone will be servicing them here in Oz now.
Easier than sending them to Canada when they need a service.

Good luck with it all :)

CTN imports

CTN imports
These are nicely made shocks, there's no doubt about it. But, the test sample I purchased late last year directly from Elka had some major problems.

Elka told me they had all the data to correctly tune a shock for the test frame (Gen 3 V10) and the spring rate (450lb) which sounded great. The first shock arrived, but the rebound tune was way out. My bro and I were running the rebound flat out and it was only just slow enough. A little bit more would have been perfect. Elka shipped out a replacement shock with a supposedly updated tune. The newly tuned shock felt exactly the same as the earlier version. The rebound was still way too light and had to be run at the extreme. Both shocks were returned to Elka, at my expense, for yet another retune.

When Elka received the returned shocks, they told me that both were perfectly ok and that I shouldn’t be running the rebound at the extreme stop. Ah... yes... After saying that, Elka said they’d retune the rebound, for the second time, and fit some updated parts to hopefully address a “knocking” feel when the shock changed from the compression to rebound stroke. They proceeded to charge me a return shipping fee which I paid to keep things happy.

Both shocks arrived and expectations were high after they’d now had two goes at re-tuning a shock. One shock arrived without a nitrogen charge while the other was filled to the correct pressure. The empty shock was filled with a no-bleed shock pump for the test. Unfortunately, both shocks performed exactly the same as the earlier units. The rebound was still way too light and had to be run at the extreme. Both shocks also made an even louder hydraulic "squeak" sound on the rebound stroke and the compression “knock” was still there. The squeak was even worse than with the two initial shock tunes and much louder than a BOS Stoy. I was pretty pissed off by now. These shocks felt perfectly awful.

I sent Elka one last email, and without swearing, kindly told them how it was. I requested a refund. The email was never answered, but I decided to return both shocks to Canada anyhow. Thankfully I did receive a refund without any further communication from Elka to this day. They simply didn't have a clue how to tune these shocks, which was really disappointing.

If CTN Imports are able to properly tune these shocks for higher leverage frames in Australia and silence the "squeak", unlike the techs at Elka, they might be on a winner.

I never had any commercial interest in the Elka Stage 5 shock, and these comments are simply a result of my personal experience.

Sorry to hear you had this experience, at the moment we are awaiting our first order of stock, we already have a big group of riders and bike brands eager for their shocks arrival. CTN Imports, will be setting up one of the best customer bases we could ever imagine, with a full time service for shock tuning and servicing, we will be trying our absolute best to make our customers happy. Pulling together some high quality bike mechanics to service our customer's needs we will be doing our absolute best to have a quick turn around and high quality workmanship.

Elka have also guaranteed that their shocks have been fixed from the earlier 'knocking feel' that was on some of the previous earlier models.

Our job is to keep our customers, shops and bike brands happy, and we feel we will be right on the ball with this one!

fairy1

Banned
I have an earlier Elka shock with the knocking feeling, from what I have read Elka will change older shocks to the newer style seal when serviced. Is it possible to get this done in Australia or will it have to home?
Also keep an eye out for spring rub on the longer shocks, mine is a 10.5"x3.5" and I am going to have to get a guard made up as the springs move around a lot on the collars. I don't know why they still display that they will reply to your email in three days as they seem to be a week or so behind their claim, great shock though.

CTN, will you guys be trying out the new Diverse shock as you are now a dealer for their springs?