End of an era? Has Warby suffered the fate of a Nanny MTB State?

Timbot

Likes Dirt
I can't wait for the mini Whistler that the council is going to build. :whoo:
It won't be the council building the trails.That is for sure but let's hope it gets the legal thumbs up so you can run your shuttle service .I hope you have joined the group and are a paid up member ..please spread the word to your customers .Its only 20 bucks a pop. Cheers.

frug

Likes Bikes
********* Warby Trail Maintenance Day *********

******** MTB Trail Maintenance this Weekend ******

The third and final in this series of Mount Bride Trail Maintenance weekends is on THIS weekend.

Lunch will be provided Sunday by the very kind ladies at Cog Bike Cafe.

We need all hands on deck for this final weekend (in this series), to finish off trail clearing and feature building so we can get these trails open to ride....and we all want to ride!!!

There are 1614 people that like this page, so why not be more than a "Keyboard Hero" and get those hands dirty!!

I cannot stress how important it is for people to lend a hand!!

You all want to ride out here, so why not really show your support! Huge thanks to the guys that have given up their weekend days to lend a hand!

More details here: https://www.facebook.com/yrmtb/posts/1300758076625155

Weather looks the goods, so get involved!!

See ya'll there!
Doug
YRMTB Secretary.

frug

Likes Bikes
********* February Trail Maintenance Day *********

Hi all.

The next trail maintenance day is on the first weekend in Feb.

Face Book Info: https://www.facebook.com/events/206970626442505/

I know I've said it before, but this weekend should see the last weekend of constructing Hey Hey My My, before it is opened.

Day 1. (Saturday 2nd Feb)
Time: 9:30am
Place: Cnr Crusher Track and Old Warburton Road, Wesburn.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/SZpNDhJ2bf92

With only one section of trail to finish, the light is getting brighter!
We've got to bentch out the final section of the desent and that's about it.

With a good showing, this trail will be finished and we can work on getting it officially opened!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 2 (Sunday 3rd Feb)
Time:9:30am
Place: Cnr Crusher Track and Old Warburton Road, Wesburn.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/SZpNDhJ2bf92

With any luck Hey Hey My My will be finished and we can work on the other 2 trails. Show up here and we'll go from there.

Non-YRMTB members are more than welcome!!

You don't have to be out for the whole day, even if you can spare a few hours, that's a great help!!

Bring: Shovels, nail rakes, mattocks, picks, chain saw (with qualifications), Personal Protection Equipment, Rake Hoes, FOOD and WATER. YRMTB will supply PPE if you don't have any.

These trails are the most unique trails around and will satisfy any mountain bikers apatite for adrenaline!

The last maintenance day turnout was amazing and we'll need those similar numbers to get this trail ticked off by DELWP so everyone can have a Summer of awesome LEGAL mountain biking here in Warburton!!

Really hope to see you all there!!

Doug
YRMTB Secretary

dishee

Squid
I meant no disrespect, I was just being honest. You ride a track, you feel a certain way about it when you're done, and I haven't felt excited really. Some parts of some tracks are real fun, but there's often open expanses of boring trail linking those good bits. I am trying to get my wife into riding too, and I've taken her out places and she's been disappointed. She's seen videos online and from mates of tracks in B.C, there's nothing I've seen here come close to that. Sure there's some big jumps or drops on OS tracks but they're made so well, all you need to do is carry some speed and point the bike in the right direction. It shows us up when you compare trails here to other states like NSW (where I'm from) but certainly to those in Canada and the US.

If I'm wrong, please tell me where these local tracks are because I want to ride them!

That's right. They can almost seem like walking tracks with few obstacles, very few decently built jumps or drops, and certainly nothing I've seen that creates a real wow factor to a trail. I had high hopes for lysty and you yangs when I moved to VIC but after I went and saw the reality of those legal tracks, I found it real hard to muster the motivation to go back. I've never ridden Warby, as I said above I'd have liked to if it was more like you see when you ride OS. Hopefully it changes in the future!
We have constructed some great bc style trails in bambra victoria , it 1st started with a bunch of ladder bridges ,bridge to timber gaps etc, and over last 5 years has
evolved into more bermy dh style jump trails, not as long or as technical as warby ,but still worthy of a day out ,we have been lucky with it all lasting as long as it has, and thats largely due to us keeping the place on the low down ,
unfortunately HVP pines have to do their thing and it will be done and dusted by the end of summer ,sadly most renegade trails don't last forever .and i feel for the warby crew timbot ,Dave ,Matt,Jesse ,respect