Enduro dh stage race 11/10/09 1.5h north Brisso

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah thanks Gravity mob for a seriously good 2 days.

Saturday run was good with the shuttles and great to see a tonne of new faces and younger riders. Afterwards it was a good old fun with everyone heading into Gympie for solid feed and beverage or two. Thanks Chris for putting on some inspirational DVDs back at the den.

Thanks also to:

1. That nice young lady whose dog kept Shane and boys in the other cabins awake all night effectively draining them of energy for Sunday racing. :D

2. Volunteers from Gravity for keeping us on track and sacrificing their own ride for us twits to race. Luke nice work on the timing board - you held that thing steady all day no matter how much I put dirt on it... :p

3. Racers for good competition. Especially Lindsay who dug deep on the last stage and pegged me down a solid 30secs despite a 1.5km fireroad sprint on flats... :eek:

4. Ian for keeping flowing throughout the day.

5. Pete and everyone else whose turned over the dirt for your sweet trails.

150 racers next year? Easy...

Last edited:

K3lvinator

Likes Bikes
Thanks Gravity a seriously well organised event no complaints from me. Thanks to all the riders for making this such an accesible scene, can't wait for the next one!

Last edited:

brindog

Likes Dirt
Well done Gravity for a awesome race, and really fun tracks, it was allot of fun, but the climbs were hard, I will definitely be training for the next one.

I've got a problem though, I can not open the results, when I attempt to open the this message comes up; The document “Gravity_MTB_Club_Enduro_DH_Results.xls” could not be opened. The file is not in the right format.
I am using a Mac, can anyone help me out because I really want to see the results.
Thanks again Gravity.

K3lvinator

Likes Bikes
Maybe a mate can screen shot it for you then send it as a pic file? I'll try send some results in PM....

Last edited:

simplesimon76

Likes Dirt
Top day out, loved the flowy down hill runs, but i hate up hill climbs. i'm feeling it today. these tracks are very well built, look foward to a shuttle run day, much more fun going down than going up!!

Thanks for a well organised day out, all who put it together get a big pat on the back from me.!!

2. Volunteers from Gravity for keeping us on track and sacrificing their own ride for us twits to race. Luke nice work on the timing board - you held that thing steady all day no matter how much I put dirt on it... :p
mate, that clipboard was the only thing standing between me and and a DNF...it wasn't going anywhere!

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Since I have spewing (literally) about not being able to complete, I played around with the results to look at a couple of my mates to see how they went.

But in the results I have done up the positions overall for each stage, so if you want to see how you went for each stage here it is.

Stinky

Likes Dirt
well what i want to know is why they put sam fraser in 1st place in the juniors when he didnt even podium?
As eyes mentioned, the times that we read out at Pressos did have some errors for a variety of reasons, some techincal, others due to riders not crossing the mat. As we said at the start of the day, It was going to be a learning curve for all involved, riders, organisors and timers.

It is only fair to post the correct results here to acknowledge everyones performance and so you know what you need to do to step up next time.

redrocket

Likes Dirt
anyone got any pics up or video? i noticed a stack of video cameras there.

luke you did an awesome job with that clip board, even with some of my best attempts to distract you. again, were they long short sleeves or short long sleeves?

ozzy.

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Channel 7 Sushine Coast and Wide Bay will be running a story on this tonight (Tuesday 13th Oct '09) for anyone who is interested. Well... it is planned for tonight anyway - you never know with tele - it could be delayed...

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
Is there any way someone that doesnt live in that area could watch it? (I live in ippy) Do you know what show is airing it?

Thanks

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is there any way someone that doesnt live in that area could watch it? (I live in ippy) Do you know what show is airing it?

Thanks
I'll get a copy of the story and post it on here... probably towards the latter end of the week...

Edit: It's Channel 7 Local News - which airs from Sunny Coast to Cairns...

Last edited:

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Yeah thanks Gravity mob for a seriously good 2 days.

Saturday run was good with the shuttles and great to see a tonne of new faces and younger riders. Afterwards it was a good old fun with everyone heading into Gympie for solid feed and beverage or two. Thanks Chris for putting on some inspirational DVDs back at the den.

Thanks also to:

1. That nice young lady whose dog kept Shane and boys in the other cabins awake all night effectively draining them of energy for Sunday racing. :D

3. Racers for good competition. Especially Lindsay who dug deep on the last stage and pegged me down a solid 30secs despite a 1.5km fireroad sprint on flats... :eek:

4. Ian for keeping flowing throughout the day.

5. Pete and everyone else whose turned over the dirt for your sweet trails.

150 racers next year? Easy...

Well said Issac, an awesome weekend Guys, huge shout out to all the volunteers, Gravity, everybody involved, like some have already said here, i enjoy this style of racing and would love to see more...and just to gloat cause i can i was in 12th overall after stage 4 or 3rd in vets, then 2 flat tyres, but i had a great race anyway, bring on the next one!
Cheers Reidy.