ENDURO NEWB BIKE SELECTION

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
This:

Plus a donor bike?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
That rocky mountain is giving me the willy chillies!!!!
My had the LHS seat stay crack on his recently. He thought it was from an impact but it's cracked right through the stay, and before he dropped it (ultra low speed tip over on an uphill rock obstacle) he said it was feeling a bit weird in the back end. There are scuffs nearby which are definitely from the drop, here's a pic:

Needless to say he's pretty bummed, at least I have the Avanti Torrent to loan him which is miles better than his old HT Avanti.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
My had the RHS seat stay crack on his recently. He thought it was from an impact but it's cracked right through the stay, and before he dropped it (ultra low speed tip over on an uphill rock obstacle) he said it was feeling a bit weird in the back end. There are scuffs nearby which are definitely from the drop, here's a pic:

View attachment 362841

View attachment 362842

Needless to say he's pretty bummed, at least I have the Avanti Torrent to loan him which is miles better than his old HT Avanti.
Is it just me or are the current generation of RMs a bit fragile?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
My had the RHS seat stay crack on his recently. He thought it was from an impact but it's cracked right through the stay, and before he dropped it (ultra low speed tip over on an uphill rock obstacle) he said it was feeling a bit weird in the back end. There are scuffs nearby which are definitely from the drop, here's a pic:

View attachment 362841

View attachment 362842

that won't buff out with a warranty claim form either, sad face!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
My mate's mate's son who owned it has an issue with his new one too so he's checking out warranty or at least some sort of crash replacement. I strongly feel the Pinkbike smack it into a concrete obelisk is a worthy test.

T-Rex

Template denier
Good components specs on @yuley95's suggestions

Delivery on the Canyon might be delayed coming from Europe whereas I think (not certain) that the Commencals are in country.
Correct. Got a Commencal Signature Meta TR earlier this week. Delivered to my house by the Oceania Manager the day after I paid for it, how's that for service!

The stock on hand on the web site is accurate for Commencal in Australia.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good components specs on @yuley95's suggestions

Delivery on the Canyon might be delayed coming from Europe whereas I think (not certain) that the Commencals are in country.
I have bought 2 Canyons. 8 days from order to my porch in Tasmania from Germany. Great spec, great bikes.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No. I get your point. Doutb it would be that fast now. Takes a week for the mail to go from Hobart to Launceston. LOL!

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
Is it just me or are the current generation of RMs a bit fragile?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
And good luck getting any warranty out of the Aussie distributor. Very slow process if they actually accept the warranty in the first place.
Back to the OP, Trek Remedy 8 is a pretty well speced Alloy framed bike and a super sweet riding one too. They’ve had quite a price hike between 2019 and 2020 though but maybe that’s an industry wide thing with the A$?