ENO Freewheel - replacement for outer teeth?

jakc

Likes Bikes
I fitted the White Industries Chainset to my Allegro Track bike back in early 2013.
As you would expect, it is long overdue that I finally replace the ENO Freewheel and possible the chainring (and of course the chain).

From looking at the White Industries website, sounds like I dont need to replace the entire unit, just the outer teeth.

However, I am struggling to find someone who can supply this part either in Australia or with decent shipping rates? Anyone here with White Industries parts

It is also time to replace the rear wheel, and from another post, I have been recommended this Halo Aero Rage Rear Track Bike Wheel. Was hoping to salvage the ENO freewheel, replace the outer teeth and then transfer onto the new wheel. Does this sound sensible?

Original Pricing from a LBS that is no more:

ENO Freewheel 16T $99.95.
ENO Crankset Black ANO $249.95
ENO Chainring 44T Black ANO $69.95

QQSkqqq.jpg

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Teeth are WELL worn. Chainring will be a certainty. Given that, shipping may not be too bad with ring, chain and outer cog ring (whatever they call it) bundled into one package. That being said, if you have not maintained the bearing by cleaning and greasing then given the condition of the teeth I would consider whether buying a full new freewheel might be a better option depending on relative pricing vs the part.

jakc

Likes Bikes
Teeth are WELL worn. Chainring will be a certainty. Given that, shipping may not be too bad with ring, chain and outer cog ring (whatever they call it) bundled into one package. That being said, if you have not maintained the bearing by cleaning and greasing then given the condition of the teeth I would consider whether buying a full new freewheel might be a better option depending on relative pricing vs the part.
Had a feeling that would be the answer. The bearings are actually in a sealed unit and designed to require less maintenance and this can also be replaced as well.

But then it's a bit like the broom I've had for 20 years but replaced the handle 7 times and the head 12 times - might make sense to just buy an entirely new one, or seeing as I need a rear wheel, a rear wheel single speed freewheel package. Will start to look at prices. Open to more opinions though.

For what it's worth, it's been an excellent free wheel

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
the white stuff is expensive to bring in -youll just have to pay the high shipping costs, terrific gear though, my eno eccentric hub is a super piece of kit, if you can id be re-using the white stuff, drop them an email & see what they recommend, third party US sellers usually have slightly cheaper shipping

jakc

Likes Bikes
Thanks, have contacted them

Whilst I am here, can anyone recommend some similar products.
Lets assume I have to replace both freewheel and chainring, but retain the White Industries cranks.

sossy

Saucier
Thanks, have contacted them

Whilst I am here, can anyone recommend some similar products.
Lets assume I have to replace both freewheel and chainring, but retain the White Industries cranks.
Try Gran Prix Cycles in Caulfield, they used to bring White Industries stuff in.