Entries Open for 2011 24 Scott 24Hr - 8 & 9 October 2011 at Stromlo

Clyde Dave

Likes Dirt
I think the main point is the emphasis in 24s on the teams(esp the 4s) rather than the solo's. I guess looking at it from the other point of view, 24 racing grew as a teams race first and evolved into a solo category for the nutters. It would be nice to see it as a solo race first, teams race second. I know which one is harder and deserves more reward and recognition.
I agree, but the fact is the teams category is far more popular so needs to come first to the organisers.
That and the fact that you solo riders just aren't right in the head!!!!

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gaargh, racing - again. Why do I keep doing this to myself?

Russ - how about some special prizes this year for repeat offenders?

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
We are saving them up for 2013 - that will be the 15th year.

In 2008 (the 10th race) we had special jerseys made up and presented to the riders who had done all 10.
nice..... this will only be my second one.

But for me, its not just the event. Its the whole build up to it. with some epic rides happening with your training partners & the plannig of others. The Acual event is the climax.

murf58

Likes Bikes
First timer

I know the course isnt finalised until late September but can anyone please outline the expected makeup for each loop - I just want a better idea of what I will be up against. I have seen the photos but I cant quite work out which Stromlo circuits form the red and blue loops.

Specifically I would also like to know if the Stromlo Loop 3 climb is a part of the Blue loop!

Thanks

sean_23

Likes Bikes
In past years, red was up Mt Stromlo and down again - so more or less loop 2. Blue was around the mountain and back again - more or less loop 3; and there were various complications near the event center to join the loops together. Both loops were lots of fun to ride.

murf58

Likes Bikes
In past years, red was up Mt Stromlo and down again - so more or less loop 2. Blue was around the mountain and back again - more or less loop 3; and there were various complications near the event center to join the loops together. Both loops were lots of fun to ride.
Thanks Sean - I was hoping that hill on Loop 3 wasnt in it, guess I will just have to deal with it.

hipdos

Likes Bikes
Thanks Sean - I was hoping that hill on Loop 3 wasnt in it, guess I will just have to deal with it.
I could be wrong (as usual) and its all subject to the final route, but the blue lap looks like it goes along the willo link, and doesn't even do blackberry climb. The only 'significant' climbs would be wattle happen at the start and shadys coming out of deep creek. The red lap looks the more serious of the two based on elevation gain.

Blingerific

Likes Dirt
I could be wrong (as usual) and its all subject to the final route, but the blue lap looks like it goes along the willo link, and doesn't even do blackberry climb. The only 'significant' climbs would be wattle happen at the start and shadys coming out of deep creek. The red lap looks the more serious of the two based on elevation gain.
You will be doing Blackberry Climb to get to Slant 6 but you won't be doing either Heart Breaker (to Echidna Gap in Loop 3) or Blue Tongue/Little Seymore (unless Russ trumps me ;-). But Willo Link is in the Blue Lap.

Though the idea of including Heartbreaker has some merit. I'll make sure first aid are set up where it crosses Skyline :distrust:

Cheers!
Mullet

nskz

Likes Dirt
What's going to be the go with cars in the campsite this year, going full retard again or common sense to prevail? Those of us who sleep in our cars find it somewhat inconvenient that the car may be ~800m from our campsite. Then there's the issue of having to carry a shitload of stuff to the campsite BY HAND/ghetto trolley on the Sat morning, which was ridiculous. I have no issue with cars being 'locked in' to your campsite after some time Sat morning and then not being let out again till x-pm Sun; as long as they fit within your site perimeter and don't move I don't see the problem? Worked perfectly at the Mont this year as it has every year. What was the rational behind it? People getting pissed off with cars moving around at all times of night? If that's the issue, stuff the cars, ban idiots using generators for the entirety of the event....

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
The Mont camping area seemed much bigger than the on mt stromlo.

At mt stronlo, tents were almost on top of each other last year. Then there is the dead space of cars unused for the great majority.

Common sense to me seems to get a tent or share a bigger tent with someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frensham

Likes Dirt
What's going to be the go with cars in the campsite this year, going full retard again or common sense to prevail? Those of us who sleep in our cars find it somewhat inconvenient that the car may be ~800m from our campsite. Then there's the issue of having to carry a shitload of stuff to the campsite BY HAND/ghetto trolley on the Sat morning, which was ridiculous. I have no issue with cars being 'locked in' to your campsite after some time Sat morning and then not being let out again till x-pm Sun; as long as they fit within your site perimeter and don't move I don't see the problem? Worked perfectly at the Mont this year as it has every year. What was the rational behind it? People getting pissed off with cars moving around at all times of night? If that's the issue, stuff the cars, ban idiots using generators for the entirety of the event....
Commonsense does prevail. Cars belong in the car park. Tents belong in the camping area. This has generally been the way with the Scott/Mont for years now. You can bring your car in during set up and there is no need for ghetto trolleys. If you don't like it, vote with your feet. Generators have to be turned off during quiet time.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Camping / Cars

Couple of issues here ...

1. Some of the camping areas are inside the course loops - so that is why the "no vehicles moving until Sunday afternoon" policy is in there. We will not open the access gates to those camping areas until after we have got the last rider in from the course on Sunday afternoon.

2. Stromlo isn't all that flat, so while there are areas where you can get a vehicle in to camp, its a bit lumpy and a 4WD would be the preferred option (especially if it rains - think about also getting out).

3. The "Old Duffy" area will be open for camping this year and there will be a dedicated toilet truck up there, in addition to the toilet/shower trucks down at pavilion level.

Bring it in, drop your gear off, then park in the established parkign area is preferred.

There will be two exit routes on Sunday afternoon - Uriarra Road, and Cotter Road.

matt36415

Likes Dirt
I like the car park... set up - If you can ride then you can carry your own stuff. The Mont was different but, like here, there were no cars near the track during race time.

loc81

Likes Dirt
G'day,

We are looking for a 6th rider for our team. The team is a mixture of reasonably fit down to totally unfit so any standard of rider will be welcome. We have a pretty good set-up, having done several of these races now (we take down a marquee with lights, heater, tables and chairs etc ).

The entry fee is $145 per rider (or $125 if you are a MTBA member).

Drop me an email at mickmobile@exemail.com.au if you are interested.

cheers,
mick
I emailed ya buddy- keep me posted either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Whoop-dee-do!