Entries Open for 2011 24 Scott 24Hr - 8 & 9 October 2011 at Stromlo

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
A little bird told me that you can enter the 2011 Scott 24 Hours of Adrenalin Australian 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships here.

Website not updated yet, but the entry system is open.

After last year's 24 Hours of Adrenalin World Solo 24Hr Champs, there are a few things for the Scott that are back to "normal" and a few carry-over benefits:
. The hourglass course design is back - the red and blue laps.
. Solo categories are back to Open, Single Speed and 40+.
. Powered Caravan sites are available.
. Solos and Pairs can get pre-erected 3x3 marquees trackside if they want them.

Last edited:

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
Solo categories are back to Open, Single Speed and 40+
If one were to enter 40+, can you still podium in overall solo (or is there no overall, only open)?
I know Anti_Trainer would be hoping the same for SS being able to overall pody.
Just wanna make sure I enter the right cat. Ta Russ!

jean5614

Likes Dirt
If one were to enter 40+, can you still podium in overall solo (or is there no overall, only open)?
Yes, why not the same format as at the Easter 24, with categories within an overall category. That would not change the categories, merely give the SSers a chance to whip some geary butts, allow Jebus and Ed to put on a show on the mainstream stage:cool:

matt36415

Likes Dirt
I love the red / blue thing - it was less crowded on the course which was a big plus for me a a solo being overtaken lots.

Entered. Now must train, no more eating...

Can we go up the back like at the 24 worlds? Hills are fun.

matt36415

Likes Dirt
I love the red / blue thing - it was less crowded on the course which was a big plus for me a a solo being overtaken lots.

Entered. Now must train, no more eating...

Can we go up the back like at the 24 worlds? Hills are fun.

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
Is anyone in the know about the 40+ catergory?

Average age over the team like in the past? Or has the format changed to 40+ or nothing?

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is anyone in the know about the 40+ catergory?

Average age over the team like in the past? Or has the format changed to 40+ or nothing?
Have no inside information to help you sorry.

However it is my understanding that the RegisterNow website (at least the bits I have worked with) doesn't have an 'average age' option for teams, it only looks at individual team member ages.

Based on that I'd be saying that all of your team members will need to be 40 or over.

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
I heard a rumour JMac was gonna nut up and ride 40+/SS/Open this year and go for the triple crown ;)

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Can someone explain this red/blue lap thing?
This is the "Hourglass Course" - so think of an hourglass shape, with two transitions and two timing points in the "pinch" of the hourglass. The top half is the red lap and the bottom is the blue lap. SO, what happens is:

Some categories start on Red, the rest start on Blue. At the end of your lap, you come through timing and then automatically start (or transition to) the opposite colour lap.

Sounds complicated - works simple.

This means that:
. the riders are spread out over 32 Km (so no crowding on course)
. participation level riders only have to about 16 Km if thats all they want to do on one lap.
. one more thing to discuss in the bar on Sunday night.

See photos 2, 3 and 5 in this album for how the red/blue courses and the transition arrangements were set up when we first did this at Stromlo in 2007.