Entries Open for 2011 24 Scott 24Hr - 8 & 9 October 2011 at Stromlo

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Sportograf Photos are Up !

How do they do it for 50,000 photos ? (Well getting them onto a 100MB upload link might have something to do with it). But - geeez ,that's fast service.

Anyhow, check out the top news item in the Event Website for the link to sportograf, plus you can download a file of riders by name for those of you who have forgotten your race number - or want to check up on photos of someone else.

Le Matelot

Agree with above post that transition was confusing and a map of where to wait and where to keep clear would have been great. Especially the start of red loop transition got stupid with everyone waiting in the way of people trying to start the lap ...
You mean like the attached one ? :02.47-tranquillity: (it was printed up at 1 metre size in 3 areas in the village and also in the event info album).

Its always fun in transition at the end of the first lap. 400+ team riders all waiting there, all thinking that their rider will be the first one in. But only one of them is right, and after a lap people turn up and wait at the expected time for their team-mates. After the 2nd lap, there was only about 40 riders in there at a time.

Transition Example XGA-S.jpg

Last edited:

Le Matelot

Forget to return your Timing Chip ?

You can find out how to return it by post here. CORC would really like you to return them - please !!

frensham

Likes Dirt
Only major issue I have is CORC yet again, shafting the female entrants with the T-shirts. They claimed after the Mont that the lack of female T-shirts was due to a supplier issue and they'd planned to have female sizes. But now it seems that really they just can't be arsed making the effort for the female riders... poor form when the winning female solo goes home with a T-shirt that won't even fit her! I expect more from a club who apparently go the extra mile to get women into the sport.
ahhhh, CORC? MONT? the two don't go together methinks. CORC responsible for Scott 24Hr. MONT responsible for MONT 24Hr.

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
You mean like the attached one ? :02.47-tranquillity: (it was printed up at 1 metre size in 3 areas in the village and also in the event info album).

Its always fun in transition at the end of the first lap. 400+ team riders all waiting there, all thinking that their rider will be the first one in. But only one of them is right, and after a lap people turn up and wait at the expected time for their team-mates. After the 2nd lap, there was only about 40 riders in there at a time.

View attachment 213676
Yeah I saw that map and I think while it made sense to those who made it (ie. had it in their heads how it should work) it really only made sense to me after the first couple of transitions, not helped by masses of people waiting in the wrong area even well into the night laps - blocking the road for people in the right area.

ahhhh, CORC? MONT? the two don't go together methinks. CORC responsible for Scott 24Hr. MONT responsible for MONT 24Hr.
My mistake, I just associated all Canberra races with CORC I guess... and the last two Scott24s and the most recent Mont have done the same thing... asked for women's sizes then just given us men's T-shirts :( how about next year you just give all the men women's T-shirts? :fox:

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
:( how about next year you just give all the men women's T-shirts? :fox:
Fair enough, my manboobs are getting to a reasonable size, still not quite a handfull though, and I'm not the most well endowed of the blokes so to speak...

scbullit

Likes Dirt
Sorry, the shortcut was part of missing link. There are a number of switchbacks and there is a section where you can get off your bike and hike a bike over some rocks about 5m up to the next section. You could probably cut 20 seconds off your lap time by doing this.
That short cut up over the rock face is completely rideable and it wasn't bunted off during the race...

FatGuts

Likes Dirt
My mistake, I just associated all Canberra races with CORC I guess... and the last two Scott24s and the most recent Mont have done the same thing... asked for women's sizes then just given us men's T-shirts :( how about next year you just give all the men women's T-shirts? :fox:

Rocky Trail, Aroc & other people run many races in Canberra. CORC run the majority but not them all.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How do they do it for 50,000 photos ? (Well getting them onto a 100MB upload link might have something to do with it). But - geeez ,that's fast service.

Anyhow, check out the top news item in the Event Website for the link to sportograf, plus you can download a file of riders by name for those of you who have forgotten your race number - or want to check up on photos of someone else.
Awesome photos as always (they set the bar higher every year I think!). However -has anyone managed to get the 'search by time' option working for the unsorted pics? Can't work out if it's broken, or if it's just me being a dolt and doing it wrong.

Clyde Dave

Likes Dirt
Yeah I saw that map and I think while it made sense to those who made it (ie. had it in their heads how it should work) it really only made sense to me after the first couple of transitions, not helped by masses of people waiting in the wrong area even well into the night laps - blocking the road for people in the right area. :fox:
I thought the diagram was pretty easy to understand, and I have a woeful sense of direction!!!!!

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
I supported a soloist and i had a great time but i can honestly say, hands down, the coffee was far and away the worst i've ever had at a 24. tried both vans, different baristas, safety orders, complicated orders and they were all fails. even the guy at the easter nats was better and he wasn't much chop at all.

those guys that did the mont in 2010 were freakin awesome.

otherwise, from my end it was great

Kowalski Brothers

Legends of the Shovel
Life is too short to drink bad coffee...

I supported a soloist and i had a great time but i can honestly say, hands down, the coffee was far and away the worst i've ever had at a 24. tried both vans, different baristas, safety orders, complicated orders and they were all fails. even the guy at the easter nats was better and he wasn't much chop at all.

those guys that did the mont in 2010 were freakin awesome.
Ideal Coffee are indeed awesome. They've been serving good shots at the Mont since 2007.

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
For sure, party line was sweet. But I preferred the skyline & luge on the red lap as well.

But that's what made it so good. Surely there was something for everyone. Wether it was partyline on blue or Skyline/Luge on red.

Yipeeeeeeeee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome photos as always (they set the bar higher every year I think!). However -has anyone managed to get the 'search by time' option working for the unsorted pics? Can't work out if it's broken, or if it's just me being a dolt and doing it wrong.
It appears there was a bug in the time search option, which has now been rectified. If you've searched before without success, it's worth having a look again.