ENVE Composites and Monza Imports distribution partnership in Australia

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Utah based Enve Composites are delighted to announce a formal distribution partnership with Melbourne based Monza Imports in Australia. Adding to an already impressive line-up of bicycles, parts, clothing and accessories, Enve wheels and components are a perfect complement to Monza’s focus on high quality essentials for the discerning Australian consumer.

Enve’s Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing, Beverly Lucas said “We’re very excited to move forward with such a well respected distributor as Monza Imports. Having hosted Stephen Robinson here at our new facility in Ogden, Utah just a couple of weeks ago, it was clear to everyone that our companies shared so many synergies and were heading in parallel directions. As such, we both felt the timing could not have been better than to enter into a formal relationship right before the start of the Australian cycling season.”

Stephen Robinson, Monza’s Bicycle Division Manager agreed. “Beverly and I have been discussing opportunities to work together since the introduction of Saris’ CycleOps wheel on Enve rims which we already distribute here in Australia. Enve’s products are becoming more and more renowned and respected across the road, mountain and now the triathlon and TT market so it’s fortunate that we all shared the same objectives for expanding the product offering via our solid network of bike shops in Australia.”

Enve is committed to building their brand through strong relationships with IBD’s and Australia has several hundred catering to literally hundreds of thousands of cyclists across the country. Lucas added “As it is with all of our distributors, it was important to us that Monza shared the same principles as Enve in terms of how our products make it to the end consumer. We believe in the integrity of our products and collectively value their place in similar sales and customer supportive environments. Monza brings many great shops to the table and we’re looking forward to meeting some of them during Monza’s dealer tour in September.”

Enve products will be available via Monza’s network of dealers in the very near future. Enve products will be on display at the Monza Imports booth during the Ausbike Bike Expo August 20-22, 2011 Melbourne Showgrounds VIC.

In addition, Monza’s National Dealer Roadshow will be visiting Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth between September 14 and October 5, 2011.

About ENVE Composites

Located in Ogden, Utah, USA; Enve Composites is a manufacturer of handmade carbon fiber bicycle rims and components. Enve is a company made up of passionate cyclists who have created a unique brand and complete product offering based on a riding lifestyle. Combined, Enve employees have over 30 years of carbon and bicycle experience and have designed and innovated some of the world’s most respected products in the bicycle as well as other outdoor industries. Enve designs and manufactures 100% of their rims in America.

http://www.envecomposites.com

About Monza Imports

Monza Imports is a privately-owned company that began trading in 1979 with a simple business philosophy: to offer the best products and the best service. Our commitment to these basic principles has seen Monza develop from Australia's largest and most successful motorcycle accessories distributor into one of the largest and most respected distribution companies in the Australian action sports industry.

http://www.monzaimports.com.au

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
The partnership should make the various ENVE product lines very affordable for the masses ... we are so lucky in Australia

SouthYarraSage

Likes Dirt
The partnership should make the various ENVE product lines very affordable for the masses ... we are so lucky in Australia
Oh, but don't forget the warranty support! That alone is worth the 50-100% markup on web prices...

Seriously - and no flames please - I would consider dropping 2.5k or so on a really nice carbon wheelset. I've never understood quite why the idea receives the ridicule on line that it seems to - lighter, stiffer wheels are just about the most noticable change you can make to your bike in my experience. (And for what it's worth, the average suburban triathlon boasts more 2-3k wheelsets than you can poke a stick at).

But when I saw the RRP for carbon Havens in Australia was $3,750 I laughed out loud. Somebody is taking the piss.

Monza - if you can get within cooee of international prices, you'll get my business. Otherwise, the nice people at Competitive Cyclist probably will.

quiggs

Likes Dirt
And for what it's worth, the average suburban triathlon boasts more 2-3k wheelsets than you can poke a stick at.

QUOTE]

Don't forget the middle aged lycra stretching coffee riders on Beach Rd (melb) who love their carbon bike components for their annual 40km weekend ride!!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Very interested in what price they will be here. I cant see them being anywhere near the US price which is around $2250-2350au for a set with our currently awesome exchange rate.

Mine should be here very soon :p they were ordered at the beginning of June which was a couple of weeks before the announcement of the Australian distributor and even with customs getting their grubby mits on them i reckon i'll still be in front.... Its not as if any of Monza's other brands are breaking the Australian trend for daylight robbery at the local bike shops and its not the bike shop mark up either.

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
And for what it's worth, the average suburban triathlon boasts more 2-3k wheelsets than you can poke a stick at.
The average surburban triathlon is also smooth tarmac, not an assortment of rocks roots and other nasties. Sure, the all mountain Enve wheels are going to be among the toughest wheels out there, but I can buy four sets of Hope laced to 823's with change for the price that they are sold in the US. I'd wager that they will be a lot more than that in Australia...

akashra

Eats Squid
If prices are in line with current CycleOps products, I'll be first in line for the new PowerTap G3 wheelset - though I don't think I'll be going with the carbon (ENVE) one.

As soon as Monza have local prices/RRPs on the new wheelsets, I want info :p

The Mad Hippie

Likes Bikes
Last night I went along to the Monza presentation of products to retailers and viewed both the Enve and Cyclops products. The quality of finish on the enve road and mtb products is outstanding. There are so many products not only in the cycle industry that seem to reach 90-95% of perfection and are just lacking that last little bit of finish. Not Enve. For the person with the budget for a set of these you are going to be well rewarded. Is $3400 too much for a set of 29er carbon tubeless wheel? Each person can judge that for themselves. The flat bar will be on my steed as soon as they arrive. At $249 I consider them very reasonable. The stems maybe a push at $349.
"no price on Enve/Cycleops G3 mtb yet akashra"

E

Last edited:

The Mad Hippie

Likes Bikes
Just to clarify, I wasn't even aware there was a G3 for MTB - does the info you have on pricing still apply for road?
Ok, this is straight out the material suppiled to me by Monza.
Road G3 with Enve 45 or 65 clincher or tubular, Shimano or Campy RRP $2299.00
Matching front wheel with ceramic bearings (G3C) $1499.00
Due later in the year, I dont have a confirmed date sorry.

E