errrr.. something is not right

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
howd you go with it?? if that fails take it back to the dealer and tell them that it is known to be a warrenty thing, if they argue insist that they call norco and ask them, also it might pay to let them remove the cranks if you still havnt got it off, that way if something gets damaged.... you didnt do it.

S.

ex offender
yeah it just surprised me because i didnt bash the sprocket on anything, it just folded. oh well, just a good excuse to upgrade anyway!
Well you clearly hit it on something whether you noticed or not... hate to break it to the internet, but lumps of metal don't just randomly bend themselves out of spite.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Well you clearly hit it on something whether you noticed or not... hate to break it to the internet, but lumps of metal don't just randomly bend themselves out of spite.
sorry, i dont know if i made it entirely clear, the chainring was under a lot of stress when it failed. i was landing moving backwards slightly down a slope and stomping on the pedal at the same time.. i probably would have bent under that much pressure as well (i weigh about 90kg).

i did not, however, smash it on anything. the proof is in the lack of the chain having the sh*t ripped out of it at any point (stupid red painted chain so easy to tell)

not going to bother with warranty claim only to get the same sprocket again, just buying a shadow sprocket so shouldn't have the same problem again.

bike is currently at the shop and they're trying to remove the cranks for me. I had a quick hit buy apparently i no longer enjoy doing my mechanics with a sledge so i'd rather let them fuck it up :p sprocket should be here this week and riding again on the weekend :D

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
they do replace it with a better one but its still not as good as a shadow or the like... and hate to break it to you S but... these sprockets are soft and waaaaay too thin... they buckle if you pedal to hard... well some do some dont??? weird

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
they should have kept the same stock sproket form 07 and same stock cranks from 08. would be an amaxzing combo. no pinch bolts :)
thts a bummer tho mate, i have an 07 my sproket is amazing!

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
so... people with experience getting the cranks off.. lil help.

bike shop failed miserably (they had the bike for a week and nothing happened)

so its up to me. anyone who has taken THESE CRANKS off one of THESE BIKES please PM me and let me know exactly (step by step) how you did it.

new sprocket is here.

dhdamo read up. no caseage here

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
get an old deisel fitter to bash the living daylights out of it till it moves.

thats the step by step we used.

i dont think any of us here could have actualy moved it its just luck we know someone who can realy swing a hammer.

if all else fails hacksaw em off n get something new lol