eThirteen TRS Race APS Adjuster

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have been trying to track down a replacement APS adjuster for my eThirteen TRS Race cranks - the little plastic preload adjuster.

EDIT: This bastard -

Unfortunately, for my Gen 3 cranks, eThirteen have stopped making them and no one has stock. The new Gen 4 one doesnt fit my cranks. Pretty shite for a not inexpensive set of cranks with a very much disposable plastic component.

If anyone has one, or a damaged pair of cranks with a functional adjuster let me know! Failing that, can I just run a 1-2mm spacer and carefully adjust preload by tightening the crank bolt? I seem to recall some SRAM cranks didn't have a preload adjuster and just had a wave washer - would this work?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Have been trying to track down a replacement APS adjuster for my eThirteen TRS Race cranks - the little plastic preload adjuster.

EDIT: This bastard -

View attachment 391145

Unfortunately, for my Gen 3 cranks, eThirteen have stopped making them and no one has stock. The new Gen 4 one doesnt fit my cranks. Pretty shite for a not inexpensive set of cranks with a very much disposable plastic component.

If anyone has one, or a damaged pair of cranks with a functional adjuster let me know! Failing that, can I just run a 1-2mm spacer and carefully adjust preload by tightening the crank bolt? I seem to recall some SRAM cranks didn't have a preload adjuster and just had a wave washer - would this work?
I think Dirt works has e13 cranks might be worth a shot @Ponchoatdirtworks ?

jrewing

Eats Squid
I’ve got a set of brand new lg1plus cranks that have all that. I got them pretty cheap in case you’re in a jam. I think it’s the same adjuster. But still an expensive option.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve got a set of brand new lg1plus cranks that have all that. I got them pretty cheap in case you’re in a jam. I think it’s the same adjuster. But still an expensive option.
Unfortunately the alloy adjusters are different to the carbon.

Fit them without the lash adjuster, tighten properly then measure end float and throw a spacer a European bee's dick thinner in the gap.
I might try this. Instructions say to tighten until 2mm gap. Will try a 2mm spacer, then experiment with a thin spacer to adjust.

From an old set of e13 cranks. These don’t have as much width as the one you want looking at your image.
Alloy or carbon cranks?